Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Applesauce Cookies

These are my husband's favorite cookies. We made them for him for Father's Day. His Mom used to make them when he was growing up. They are so yummy and so moist. Here is the recipe for anyone who would like to make them:
Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. shortening
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. applesauce(16 oz. can)
4-5 c. flour
1t. soda
1 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. allspice
1/2 t. cloves
chocolate chips
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, beat well. Mix in applesauce. Add dry ingredients. Drop on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. ENJOY!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

8 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Seeing as I stole the idea from my friend, I think it's perfectly fine for you to steal from me! LOL

Those cookies sound yummy! Might have to try them for DH.

Have a great evening, hugs, Linda

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Hmmm... those seem so familiar to me. I'll have to try that recipe soon -- especially since I usually have those staples on hand. The kids will LOVE them!

I hope you're doing well, Julie. Have a good night

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Those look yummy, Julie! I will have to get some ingrediants tomorrow while I'm in Lincoln. Hope you are doing better, my friend.

Angie said...

we love applesauce cookies here..but i have never tried putting chocolate chips in them! i think i will throw some in half the batter next time and see what the verdict is. i can't believe you have a teenage driver...yikes! you are one brave woman taking her out to drive...oh, and love the valances! if it feels right, give it a try..ya never know till ya try!

~Angie

Marion said...

Oh this recipe sounds delicious!!
Good morning, by the way!
Marion

Kelli said...

They look delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
~Kelli

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Think I'll give those a try, Julie, and surprise everyone this weekend! They sound great! Thanks for sharing!
~ Tammy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

My husband would love these...thanks for the recipe. Also I do love your valences!!