Tuesday, June 3, 2008

50th BLOG

Where does the time go? I noticed last week that I was close to my 50th blog. I thought, " I should do something for that". So, I pulled some fabric together, got out the sewing machine, and made a summer wall hanging that I would like to GIVE AWAY!! Today is #50--so here it is:Please, just leave a comment if you would like to win, and I will put your name in a drawing. I will end the contest on Monday, June 9 at 10:00 am. Good luck!! If you would like to comment about the contest on your blog, I will put your name in again. Just a little way to say "Thanks" to all my new friends in blogland. It has been so fun to meet all of you.

Speaking of winning, I just DID~~~TODAY. Kindra~~3 Guys a Girl and a Prim Place had a contest, and my name was drawn!!!!! I screamed... and danced around the house... enough to make my girls--and the dog--wonder what was going on??!! If you haven't seen Kindra's ETSY store, she is listed under "Friends Near and Far" on my blog sidebar. Go See!! She is a talented, warm, kind, and generous gal. I'm so glad to have "met" her. I would like to give her this award:
Thanks to all for commenting on my blog--you have become really, "My friends near and far".
Be Nice to People,
Julie

69 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

You are so welcome Julie!!! It made my day that I made yours!! Your package will be sent in the morning. :) Enjoy!

OOOOH, OOOOH Pick me! I would love to have a Julie creation! Like I said before, you should sell, sell, sell! I will post your giveaway on my blog tomorrow.

And thank you so much for the award. It means so much to me! I am so glad I met you through blogging. It has brought me so many blessings...way beyond my expectations! Congrats on your
50th post!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Congratulations on your winning Kindras contest, she is very talented! Also congratulations on your 50th post, it has been so nice meeting new people all over the world!!! Please enter me in your drawing as I love americana!! Hope you have a great rest of your week!~Wendy

Joanne Kennedy said...

Congratulations on your 50th post and also on winning the give away!

I have a list on my blog over to the right side that lists all the give aways that I find out about.

I posted you over there so others can click on the link and find you.

I will remove the link when the give away is over so you don't get bugged by people thinking it's still an open give away.

Stop on by my blog and see if there are any give aways that you didn't know about yet.

Joanne

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Just wanted to let you know I posted your giveaway on my blog!! Take care!~Wendy

Katy said...

congrats on winning at Kindra's blog!!! You are a lucky girl!!! :)

I would LOVE to be entered in your giveaway!! Thank you soo much! :)

~*Marie*~ said...

I love your work, and I was inspired by your dying of the quilt, that was genius!!!! I never thought of changing the colors that way, but now I know it is possible. Count me in your blogiversary giveaway!

Timalee said...

Congrats on your 5oth post! I would love to be entered in your giveaway, the wallhanging is beautiful!

Timalee said...

By the way, I posted your giveaway on my blog too!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I was SO EXCITED for you, Julie! I know you'll love your newest Kindra creation :)

I would love a chance to win your latest creation as well! Such talent! I'll post about your giveaway later today as well...

Like you I am thrilled to have connected with so many wonderful, talented, kind, and uplifting blog buddies. Isn't it something?

Have a fabulous day!!!

Sandy said...

Congratulations on winning over at Kindra's...lucky girl you. She has beautiful work.
And might I add you to are talented with making this cute mini wall hanging. Please put my name in for the drawing.

Sandy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a beautiful Americana wallhanging would look right at home in my guest room. Congrats on your 50th blog and Oh I have added you to my list of favorites hope you do the same. I will also post your giveaway on my blog later today!

Blessings Rondell

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!!! You're sign is so cute!! definitely include me:)

Debbi said...

Beautiful hanging, posting about your drawing on my blog, hope I win!!!

Jo-Anne said...

Hello!
I would love to join in the fun!!!
I will also mention your give-away on my blog.

I will keep my fingers crossed!
Have a great day.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Julie,

I would love to be entered in your drawing! That wall hanging would look great in my house! It's so pretty! You do such beautiful work!

I posted your giveaway on my blog too, but I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to get a link to work on there! If you can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'll try to fix it! I hit insert link and it shows it on there when I'm doing the post, but then it isn't there when I view my blog. If I just copy and paste it on there, it shows up like it is now...without the actual link to get to your blog! Grrr...It's bugging me that I can't get it figured out!

But...it is announced!

Have a great day and congratulations again on your win from Kindra! Be sure and show us where you put it when you get it!

Tammy

Wendy said...

I'd love to win this! Congrats on your blogging success and accomplishments. I'll post your contest on my WAHM blog. :)http://adventuresofasuburbanwahm.blogspot.com/

I love homemade anything, but never have time to make anything homemade! lol Other than meals that is. I started a dress for my daughter, even posted about it on my blog, many many days ago and still haven't pulled the sewing machine from the closet. lol I'm really pathetic! Better get to that now.

~Wendy

~*Marie*~ said...

I linked your giveaway on my blog too!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Julie...stop on over, I posted your link about your giveaway!

Blessings Rondell

Karin said...

Love the wall hanging! Congrats on your 50th post!

Sue Cahill said...

Love the banner, it is great! How could I not want to win such a fantastic giveaway. Please throw my name in the (then pick it out!)
(sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Alecia Merłowicz Morris said...

Happy 50th Julie!!!! Love your creation, such a talented sister-in-law I have. I'm so proud we're family.

Three and Counting said...

I came across your blog after a long string of links- have no idea how I got here. I admire your confidence in your personal and your homes style. I am LDS and live in Utah too now. YOur blog is delightful. I just started blogging and it is so fun to see others blogs. I seem to have a lot to learn about how to make my blog origianl and interesting. Loved reading yours.

Anonymous said...

The wallhanging is wonderful! Please enter me!! I really enjoy your blog ~ have a happy week!
Linda
diamondk410@aol.com

RhondaMommy said...

I love your quilt and love you blog! Thanks for doing the giveaway! Count me in :)

Becky said...

I would love to be entered into your blog giveaway as well - it is a beautiful work of art!! Anyone would love to have this hanging in their house.

P.S. I agree with Kindra - you should sell sell sell! :)

Kimmie said...

Hi Julie!

Ahhhhh...my warm and cozy place! I made it! Between Dona Nobis Pacem today, and resting because of a severe flare up, I have been in and out on my computer all day. Thank You for inviting me to join in your giveaway! What a lovely quilt. All your quilts are lovely! ;-)

CONGRATULATIONS on your 50th post! Time flies when you are having fun. And your blog is definately fun!

I will most definately post your giveaway tomorrow on my blog. It would be my pleasure!
Hugs,
Kimmie

Anonymous said...

How cute, i just answered my question, you did make this!! the more i see these giveaways i want to have my own giveaway, i dont think i can last til 50 posts, i like 25 better!!

Gayle said...

Julie - I'm a quilter too, and your little wall hanging is so dang cute! Would be perfect to hang all summer long. Please enter my name in your drawing.....
Gayle in UT
dyeing2hook@msn.com

simple~needs said...

great blog!! i found you through kindra's blog!!! i am definitely going to try the tortilla recipe too!!
kim

Elise said...

H Julie

Congratulations on winning Kindra's give away. I was so excited to see your name, a person I actually "knew".

Wow, 50 posts already. How kind of you to celebrate by creating one of your beautiful pieces and offering it as a prize. I would love to be entered in your generous give away.

Love
Elise

Toni said...

Hi!I found you through Wendy over at the cozy yellow house!It`s been nice meeting you!!Please enter me in your giveaway.I will also post about it on my blog!!Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Julie! Nice to meet you. Thank you for visiting my blog. I love your blog too! You are a prim girl after my own heart, lol. I would love to be entered in your 50th giveaway. Very cute wall hanging :o)

JenW!~ said...

Congratulations on your winning and on your 50th post. I would love to be entered in your giveaway. i have also posted it on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I think it's so great and I also love your blog!!!

Jessica
jetcville@aol.com

Lindy said...

Thanks for the chance of your awesome giveaway! :)

Jo-Anne said...

Sorry I couldn't post about your giveaway sooner on my blog but it's on there!! Our computer is being difficult at the moment.
I just wanted to let you know! :):):)

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Love reading your blog. Congratulations on your 50th post.
Please enter me in your give away.

Elizabeth in Alabama

pinetrees on the moor said...

Hi i am so new to this blogging, i am not sure if i can enter your give away with me living in scotland united kingdom.But i will enter anyway.Just love looking at all you postings, i will be adding my favourites this weekend with some pictures of where i live.Have a great weekend. take care kate

Leslie said...

Happy 50th :) I guess mine came and went...I don't really pay attention too much! EEK!

I would love to be added to the list...I thought I already responded but I guess not?

terryp said...

I really like your red, white and blue. They are my favorite colors to decorate with. You are very talented. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks so much.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Congrats on 50 posts! It goes fast doesn't it! Beautiful items you made.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Enter me in your contest. Congrats on the 50th!
Donna

Susan said...

I came to have you put my name in the drawing for your wonderful item. Thanks!!
Susan

Crystal said...

I love this!! Please enter me!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thanks for the entry!

Tiffany said...

Hello, Julie. I linked to your blog through Alecia. I'm Uncle Joe's and Aunt Connie's daughter, Tiffany. Not sure if you remember me... Anyway, darling wallhanging! I'd love to enter your giveaway! :) Come visit my blog anytime. There's a link to my parents' mission blog that you might enjoy. I enjoyed reading yours!

Becky J. said...

count me in!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Well I just covet that wallhanging so of course I'd love to win! Thanks for letting me enter.

Pat said...

I just found your blog. What a nice give away. I love your little July stitchery. So cute.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Congratulations on winning Kindra's contest! I'm so happy for you.

I hope you'll enter in your contest for your handmade pretty! Thank you. I'll be sure to post your giveaway on my blog.

Smiles,
Lea

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet little quilt - please count me in on the drawing

quiltygal said...

Hi Julie
Have just found your blog would love to join your giveaway if I may ....I am also having one drawing it tomorrow night so hop on over & put your name down
Claire

Carrie Cooper said...

We'll hello dear! Not sure how I found you all those links from one person to another but I sure enjoyed reading your blog. Love to be entered in your little drawing as I am a HUGE americana collector.. You made a wonderful wall hanging. Good luck to everyone! God Bless, come by for a visit sometime

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 50th post and on your win!!!!

I love your work.

Renna said...

Congratulations! I recently hit my 100th post. I thought when I began blogging it would take forever to reach that point, but it happens before you know it. :-)

Bekah said...

oooh! What a great giveaway! You're handwork is beautiful! Please add me to the drawing!

Anonymous said...

love your work, and please enter me in your giveaway...I will post it in my blog too!

Holly said...

I would love to be a part of your "drawing"! How fun!!! Thanks for sharing your obvious talent!

Simply Shelley said...

Hi ,my name is Shelley. I would love to have my name put in your give away drawing....congrats on your 50th post....

Blessings,Shelley

CathyJean said...

Oh, I love the goodies you are "giving away"!! Please put my name in the hat.
Thanks for the fun!
Cathy

PARKER KALAEKOI KAM said...

Beautiful and Very Patriotic!

I found your BLOG through JoAnne Carter.

Deborah said...

Hi Julie,
I just took a peek at your blog, Lea at Farmhouse Blessing sent me. I am so impressed by the cedar chest and the age of your Uncle when he crafted it. Your so blessed to have it and the memories. I would love to be entered into your 50th blog giveaway. I am new at all this but I am so enjoying all this. Deborah

nancy huggins said...

That would look perfect in my Pioneer Room,Please put my name in the drawing too. You have a super nice blog :)
Nancy
insidenanashead.blogspot.com

simple~needs said...

i cant wait to hit my 50th post!
your pics are so inspiring.!

hugs, kim

Wilma said...

Pick me Pick me I just love your things. they are beautiful. Have a great day!

Robin Beck said...

Hi Julie,

I just stumbled on your site today!
Looooove it! You are very talented!
I would love it if you entered my name in your contest. Thanks!
God Bless you & yours~
Robin
Please feel free to visit my blog~!

Linda said...

Pick me, Pick me!!!!!!!! I love your things and your blog!! Congrats on your post.

kamewh said...

Please enter me :) That is SO pretty! Thank you for the giveaway! Congrats on your 50th post!

Robin Leuschen said...

Awsome goodies for your giveaway !! Please please add me to the list of contestants !!!

Robin