Well, it's the first official day of summer break. The girl's were so glad to wake up this morning, and have a day all to themselves with no schedules and projects. I, however, have projects galore. I LOVE lists!! I am a fairly organized person, and I like to write down on a list what I want to accomplish for the day. I am energized when I can cross something off as done. I'll also let you in on a little secret~~sometimes I write something down that I've already done, just so I can cross it off!! I know, I know, pathetic~~but really, have you ever done that? HEEHEEHEE... My list for the summer includes things like: 1. Exercise
2. Clean the food storage room
3. Catch up (well, actually) start and finish the family photo album
4. Go through old quilting magazines and organize them
5. Exercise
6. Clean UNDER our bed--who knows what is lurking=)
7. Finish 3 quilts--tops are done--gotta do the rest
8. Throw a bridal shower for a niece who is getting married in July
9. Exercise=)
10. Read with the girls
11. Do school and field trips with the girls
12. Teach the older girls how to do laundry
13. Read some GOOD books
Enough, Enough--you get the idea!! I have all this and more written in my little planner. It takes it out of my head, and onto something tangible and visible--I'm a visual learner. I will work on these things through-out the summer. I have also learned not to beat myself up if I don't get everthing done on the list, because there is always another day. I do love the feeling though, when I can cross something off as done--it FEELS so good!! So, YAY for lists~~let the projects begin...
Be nice to people,
Julie

13 comments:
Julie -- you're a hoot! I LOVE lists too and I'm guilty of writing things down that I've already done too ;) Ha!
I hope you find time for lots of your "to do" items this summer. Have some fun too!
And about my blog color, I just clicked on customize and then colors/fonts to change the background color. I'd love to do a pattern or something more prim, but I have no idea how to do that just yet...
Have a productive ans fun week!
I was just going to say that Colleen was a list maker too. :) She beat me to it. I am also but don't get everything done that I usually want on my list...Exercise is the one I always missssss.
Have a great evening!
i sneak things on to cross off also...hee, heee that is funny. sometimes that is the only way i get to accomplish something for the day.
Oh my gosh! Yes, I do that too! LOL I love making lists! Happy summer!
~Kelli
My name is Kimmie and I am a Listaholic!!! LOL!
Oh how funny that you put things on yours that are all ready done! I have never thunk to do that. Thanks for the idea. ;-)
I can't live without a daily list, and I also have the "Big To Do List". Like yours. Things that take time to accomplish. Like those two rocking chairs that still only have the primer on them. Ack! I need to slap that beautiful shade of colonial blue on them so we can get rocking again. I love to sit out on my porch in the mornings with my coffee and watch the birds and such. Plus, I want to make sawdust pillow covers for them also. Wish I could wiggle my nose like Samantha from Bewitched did. Wouldn't that make all our lives a breeze? ;-) Thanks for sharing your "List" with us. You are so cute!
Hugs,
Kimmie
Hi Julie
I'm a list girl too. I don't write out a daily list as such, but I do write down things I want to achieve in the short term (usually a time period - for example, over the next three months). At the moment my list is full of craft like projects that I want to get done for Savanna and Mini Boy Blue.
I hope that you have enough time to cross all of those things off your list. It is a satisfying feeling casting your eye down a list and seeing items crossed off and how much you have achieved.
Love
Elise
Julie-It's you lucky day! Come over to my blog and see. :)
I am sooooo a list person ( so I guees like Kimmie I am a listaholic too! LOL) and such a visual person as well. If I write it down and take a second to actually see what I write, I almost never forget it - almost! At 50+, I do have that CRS thing going sometimes. So sometimes I have 3 or 4 lists going with the same darn things on them. And if I got off the computer, I might to more things on the list. Let see - exercise vs read blogs - you can guess which wins out!
hugs, Linda
That is too funny about adding "done" items to your list! I haven't done that, but I have waited to do something until I had time to write a list with that on it!
I can't do daily lists, it is too depressing to see what I didn't accomplish, so I have just started keeping a Master List that has all sorts of things on it I want to eventually get done. If an item becomes urgent or a priority (aka Grocery Shopping or Laundry) than it gets a star next to it until it is crossed off, that way I don't have to write a new list everyday!
Enjoy your Summer!
Yay for lists! You're totally right, they are great!
I'm a list girl too. And I'm guilty of writing down completed items too!
I think your summer list sounds fantastic. Have fun!
Julie,
I am list girl too...and I've been known to do the same thing. There's something about seeing those words crossed through and know that I accomplished something!
Congratulations on your win at Kindra's, by the way!
Have a great day!
Tammy
LOL ~ Julie, I thought I was the only one who wrote down things just to cross them off! So funny!
I am such a list person. Every night before bed, I have to check my list and add things and get that little adrenaline spurt when I can cross something off. If I don't make my list, those things will rattle through my brain all night and I won't rest a wink.
I haven't started on my summer list but now that you mentioned it, I'll have to do it before I lay my head to rest tonight! LOL
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Lea
How cool! I am a list-maker! And for everything from grocery to what I plan to blog on to the priority of chores....How neat to find another list-maker!
Post a Comment