Wow..I'm so tired tonight. As most of you know by now, I have four girls. Every spring and fall we go through all the clothes--we basically have a clothes store at our house because the oldest gets to pass her clothes down the line and so on, so I save them. We go through them, seperate them, give some away... to second-hand stores, give some to cousins, and throw some away!! It takes ALL day. But, the drawers and closets look so lovely now..hallelujah!! My back hurts...
On a much
funner note, I have to post my yard sale score from Saturday. I didn't have time to go to too many....but I still scored!! I found most of this at one yard sale--All of those stitching and quilting patterns were 25 cents, yes 25 CENTS, each!! I was grinning from ear to ear. They are usually around $8.00 when you buy them new. WOW!! I now have our bread in the cute iron basket--it was 50 cents. The "BLESS THIS HOUSE" sign now is above a doorway--it was $2.00, and the cute, cute primitive hanging thing is in our "gathering room"--it was 75 cents. I love to yard sale. It's the hunt for that ultimate deal that I think endears the adventure to me. It also seems when we are looking for something in particular, and there it is. That has happened with finding a parakeet cage for our two parakeets, finding a violin and case when our oldest daughter started orchestra, finding camping gear, a piano, and all kinds of furniture. So fun...yard sale on, girls!!!!
Well, hope you all had a great day.
Be NIce to People,
Julie

7 comments:
I too love to garage sale!! It is so much fun looking for that one great deal of the day!! My sisters and mom and myself usually have a big garage sale once in the summer, I always like to say I have my sale to make room for my new garage sale finds!!lol...What a score on those patterns!!! and your prims are so cute!! Hope you have an awesome Blessed Wednesday!! and rest your back mom you deserve it!! :0) Wendy
Hi Julie
What a mammoth job sorting out the girls' wardrobes. You must be relieved now that it's done.
Those prices for all of your yard sale finds are brilliant. It's amazing what you can get your hands on at these sales.
I hope you are able to have a good rest, you certainly do deserve it.
Love
Elise
Hey Julie! Wouldn't it be fun to go to garage sales together?!! That would be so much fun! It's such a "high" when you find something "you always wanted". :)
I need to have one myself...I don't really enjoy having them though. But I need to get rid of baby stuff and other misc...
Have a great day!
congrats!! i l o v e them too..oh you already know that! i did the clothes thing too...3 bags full of rejects. wow now i need to attack the toys. yikes.
Love all of your finds, Julie! (I have the patriotic/prim tin sign hanging in my dining room.)
Glad you were able to mix work and fun. The seasonal clothes fashion shows/weeding out do seem to take forever, but the effort is well worth it. You're good now 'til the Fall :)
Wow, those are great yard sale finds! It almost feels like treasure hunting, doesn't it? So much fun.
My goodness, I would have been tickled pink to get those patterns too! I really like that little bread basket too. You just can't beat yard sale shopping. I can't even look in a regular store anymore. My entire home is decorated in "early yard sale" style!
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment