I was then at the school by 9:00 a.m. to go on a field trip to the zoo with my Kindergartner. Sorry, no photos--it poured rain the WHOLE ENTIRE time we were there, and it is STILL raining. The weather did make the animals more acitve, and the children as well...great times!!! It was a ZOO--pun intended!! Our lunch was dry though because we sat under a pavillion and watched the water run under our feet...
We returned home from the field trip in time for me to see my sixth grader perform in her school program. She was in a dance and had a solo singing part--she did great! I even got a little melancholy because she is growing up--too fast.
I got the mail and received some fun stuff--a book called "Bits and Pieces"--it has 18 small quilts to make, a book called "Mary Jane's Stitiching Room"--lots of cute country projects, "Sew Pretty Homestyle"--there are the cutest fabric strawberries in there that I want to make, and "The Apron Book"--will I really make an apron? Maybe I just will. I also got 2 cookbooks from Gooseberry Patch. I LOVE mail like that.
My phone rang, and my dear friend was on the line. She called to say that her poor little 6 year old daughter has LICE---now how does that happen? Does anyone have any suggestions that I could share with her on how to get rid of that mess? She was in tears, and I felt so bad for her as she told me how she has to wash and clean EVERYTHING in her house. It makes me itchy to think about it.
My husband will call me later and ask, "How was your day?" And I will say... ummmmm, it was a day --in the life of a SAHM...(think, think, think,)...and I wouldn't have it any other way. Flat tire, pouring rain, 61 Kindergartners all together on a bus, icky lice, best friends, mail --that's not a bill, beautiful, talented children, having my husband come home, piano music,crafts, quilts, and good books--I'll take it all. That's just the way it is...
Be NIce to People,
Julie

9 comments:
Ooh, I signed up for those Gooseberry cookbooks! Maybe mine are on their way to my house!!
Yes, we all have those days...but wouldn't trade it for the the world. I always say, it could be much worse. The zoo trip sounds like an adventure and you and your daughter will be laughing about it someday. :)
i love my fabric strawberries, easy to make too!! Mary Janes Farm is awsome. you need to goole her site... you will definitly have some fun. a better end!
Oh my what a day!! I'm EXHAUSTED just reading about it!! lol...I think I signed up for those cookbooks too so maybe mine are on the way!! Have a restful night you deserve it!!~Wendy
Life as a SAHM is always full of surprises. No two days are ever the same and the beauty of it is for every moment that you think will never pass, they do. Then the next moment can be one where you are just brimming with joy or laughing hysterically.
I love your optimism in this post and I'm happy that your day had some beautful moments as well.
A package like that in the mail sounds fantastic. Special mail like that always puts a smile on your face.
Love
Elise
It's me again! I love the new look on your blog! Very nice!
Hi, I'm "blog hopping" and I found yours - it's really nice ! So I stopped to say hi. So sorry about the flat tire... we're having a leak in our boiler and we had to cut off the water. And it's a holiday so we have to wait for tomorrow to get someone to fix it. Fortunately we're not in the middle of winter ! Some days things just don't go right. That's the way it is...
I'm so glad you were able to make lemonade out of lemons...
We moms are an amazingly resilient lot. I hope today was an easier adventure. Wonderful post!
wow, what a busy day! It sounds like a fun adventure and I just love the way you ended the post. Positivity is always the key to a good day! Blessings!
I just got my gooseberry patch books today! How fun! I really like The Apron Book. So many good ideas. I also have the MaryJane stitching room book which is a treat.
Sounds like you need to run a nice warm bubble bath and sink down really low and enjoy one of those nice books! Love your happy attitude!
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment