Monday, May 12, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Mother's Day...It was great! We spent the weekend with my husband's family. There are 48 members with my MIL and FIL, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Not all were present--but most. We had a great time. My FIL has made some changes in his life and has become fully active in our church. He received some blessings this weekend long prayed and hoped for. It was a blessed weekend. My own girls were so kind--here are my little tokens of love from them:
This is from my 15 year old. It is called "Mother and Daughter". I love Willow Tree statues. It was so thoughtful of her, and I didn't even give any hints. She bought it all on her own. So precious.
This is from my 12 year old. She made the tulips and mod-podged the pot at a church activity. She is very talented with crafts and really likes to do them. So colorful!
This is from my 8 year old. She gave me a "HAND" with things she will do for me when I ask her to. So helpful.
This flower is from my little 6 year old--she made it at school. She said, "Its a SURPRISE, MOM...DON'T LOOK" as she walked in the door with it in hand. So sweet

It was a nice day. It was also fun to have family with us this weekend. They have all returned home today. It was lots of laughs, late nights, and love. We are playing catch-up today. Life is good.

Be Nice to People,

Julie

10 comments:

Becky J. said...

how cute...they are so nice!! love those handmade things too. hee hee

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I just love willow tree! What wonderful gifts you got from your daughter! Sounds like you had a great, eventful mother's day weekend! Glad you got to spend it surrounded by people you love! Have a great evening!

I emailed ya!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

How sweet!! Hand made gifts are the greatest aren't they?!! so glad you had a great weekend!! Take care!!~Wendy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Sounds like your day was so wonderful. How nice to have such sweet girls! Happy, Happy Mothers Day!

Blessings,
Lea

Carin said...

Dontcha just love the darling things from the little ones.

Alecia Merłowicz Morris said...

Hi Julie! Russ had a great time too. He arrived home to find me on the phone doing some emergency planning for a zone conference meal that is to be ready at 12:15 tomorrow. He found Logan covered in chicken pox, Jax bathed and ready for bed (surprise) and Brooklynn hugging on her webkinz Zim (he's a Bangled Tiger). I love your blog and I'm very excited to keep in touch this way!!!
Love Ya, Alecia

Elise said...

What thoughtful daughters you have. Their gifts were carefully considered and obviously came with so much love. Beautiful pressies that will be treasured for years to come.

Your mother's day sounds like it was a big family affair where wonderful memories were created and a good time was had by all.

Love
Elise.

Kimmie said...

Hi Julie!
What priceless gifts you received! I too have a small Willow Tree Collection. My favorite so far is "Courage". Then "Sisters". My children have bought me some with Kitties on them. I hope to keep getting them as gifts for I do love them so.

Yours is beautiful. My son and daughter went a different route, they bought me a camera. So no little Willows this time. Its all good because I am thrilled with my new camera. Now I can continue with my photography mission. :-)

I am happy you had a lovely day!
Hugs,
Kimmie

Carole said...

This is all so sweet ! I love the handmade items. My daughters have been showering me with "pre"Mother's Day gifts and drawings (here it will be on the 25th) and can barely keep the secret of what they're doing at school for this big event !

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Such lovely gifts! Willow Tree figurines are so sweet. I have a few and I just love them. They are simple and yet they convey such wonderful sentiments.

Glad you had such a warm and fuzzy weekend :)