Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday


DO IT ANYWAY
--Mother Teresa

People are unreasonable,
illogical, and self-centered,
LOVE THEM ANYWAY
If you do good, people will
accuse you of selfish,
ulterior motives,
DO GOOD ANYWAY

If you are successful, you win
false friends and true enemies
SUCCEED ANYWAY

The good you do will
be forgotten tomorrow,
DO GOOD ANYWAY

Honesty and frankness
make you vulnerable,
BE HONEST AND FRANK ANYWAY

What you spent years building
may be destroyed overnight,
BUILD ANYWAY

People really need help but
may attack you if you help them,
HELP PEOPLE ANYWAY

Give the world the best you
have and you'll get kicked
in the teeth,
GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU'VE GOT ANYWAY.


6 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a wonderful message Julie. I will have to save that. Sometimes I am scared to do things for I am afraid I will get hurt or just failure in general. Great post!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love that message!! It is so true!! Do it anyways!!! I love your banner!! Its so awesome that people are so generous!! As far as my clock just come back to my blog and click on it and it brings you right to the site to download it, its cool you can choose different colors!! Have a great night!!~wendy

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Hey Julie!! Thanks for your interest in my sign! It is $16 if you are still interested. And if you want to email me your zip code I can figure out shipping for you. Then you can decide if you still want it. :) If you do then you can pick out what colors you would like it to have. Have a great night!

Elise said...

Hi Julie

What beautiful words of wisdom to live your life by.

This is a post that I will have to print out and keep in a place where I can see it often. Thank you for sharing it.

You have created a wonderful new look for your blog. I really like the banner at the top. At the moment, I am using the blurb website to turn my blog into a book. Once this is done I want to transform my blog into something more creative as well. I'm reluctant to do anything until the book is complete just in case I lose parts of my blog.

Do you mind me asking, was it an easy process to change your blog?

Love
Elise.

Carole said...

Hi Julie,
Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, see wishes do come true, lol ! I really like your post because I often struggle with teenagers who ask "What's the use ?" (for abiding by school rules, doing one's homework and the list goes on and on...) I think I might just give them this text to study !!!
I ordered a book about Mother Theresa's life, with lots of pictures, last year - I love it ; this woman was truly amazing, and a real SAINT. I wonder if I would have the guts to do just the quarter of what she did ? I think I'll post about that one day. Have a nice day !

Kimmie said...

Hi Julie,
This post really moved me. I loved reading it, it just continued to get more and more powerful as it went on. I too have many fears. Thank You for posting this for it has given me some courage. Right now I really need it.

May I borrow it? I would love to pass this on to others who come to read for comfort and whatever else I can provide for them. Let me know. :-)
Hugs & Smiles,
Kimmie