Good Morning my blog-friends!! It is pouring rain today. So different than yesterday when the temperature was 94 degrees!! The rain will water the flowers I planted over the weekend--YAY!! Well, I didn't read my magazine last night. I did two other things--just as fun. I watched American Idol. David Archuleta is from UTAH--go David. His home town is not far from mine, and he seems like such a respectable young man. In my opinion, he is really an AMERICAN IDOL. I also finished a project for the librarian at our my girls' elementary. She is an amazing person. She has 6th graders assist her in the library. They have to apply and have a letter of recommendation. EVERY 6th grader wants the priveledge. My daughter had the opportunity this year, so we wanted to give "MRS. T."(the librarian) something to say thanks. She really motivates the kids to read, read, read, plus she builds self-esteem in the kids as well. Don't you just love people like that? Here is what I made:
It says, "It is not our abilities that show what we truly are; it is our choices". That is from Harry Potter and said by Professor Dumbledore. I really think it is TRUE--choices are so important. Anyway, I stitched it, colored the door with red crayola crayon and set it with an iron. I put a stop border and outer border and then bound it. I had the stitching finished, so I did the rest last night--it was a late nighter=)!!! Mrs. T will like it ,I think, because the quote comes from a book!! I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday---make good choices!!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
6 comments:
That is such a wonderful gift! I honestly believe that handmade gifts are best and especially such thoughtful ones like yours.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
What a wonderful treasure for a special lady. I have no doubt that it will mean a lot to Mrs. T. Such a clever and thoughtful gift,
Yes, what a wonderful you gift you made for Mrs. T!! You do such wonderful work, Julie! I'm sure she will love her gift! I'll email you later...
Hope you are having a great day!
Julie, Mrs T will absolutely love this perfect gift. It is so kind and thoughtful of you to express your gratitude by taking the time to create something so special for her.
Love
Elise
Mrs. T is going to be one happy librarian! Lucky girl.
Smiles,
Lea
What a wonderful gift for the librarian. I just know she will treasure it.
My drying rack is a bit shorter than most because one arm was broken when I bought it so I cut about 2 inches off each arm. I don't think it would matter if it was abit longer though. I love it there - I actually hang things on it to let them drip dry into the sink. Make sure to post a picture of yours when you hang it!
Hugs, Linda
Post a Comment