Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prim Colors

I Love Prim Colors. Recently, I finished this quilt top for my husband's and mine queen size bed.


Now, all I have to do is make a back for it (it calls for 9 yards of fabric) and quilt it. No small task really. I need to get it done though because I really like it , and it will look so grand on our bed. I haven't ever made a quilt this large, so it was a lot of fun. I took a class to learn how to make the large stars. They have a lot of flying geese in them. The instructor taught us 3 different ways to make them, so it was very informative. I have been quilting for about 2 years, and I have really enjoyed it. I like to look at patterns and dream of making quilts--mostly country and prim type. If any of you have fun web-sites or blogs to visit, just let me know. It's so fun to connect with other quilty girls. Happy Quilting!!

Be Nice to People,


Julie

6 comments:

Carin said...

Great quilt Julie! You won at my 150th post drawing could you please email me your addy so I can send you your gifts :O)

Elise said...

Wow, what a quilt. Quilting is on my to-do list. I would love to make a quilt for each of my children. I think quilts are so precious because of all the love and hard work that goes into making them.

You sure look like you did a brilliant job on this quilt.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Sorry I don't know how to quilt...but I do like yours! I bet it's really relaxing quilting. I love have my feet up and relaxing while I'm doing a stitchery. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love your quilt!! I don't quilt but love to collect them!!! Have a great day!!~Wendy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my, Julie, I think I just sighed really loud! Your quilt top is beautiful! The star is my favorite quilt motif ... and the log cabin runs a close 2nd.

Congratulations on winning a drawing! Isn't that fun?

Smiles,
Lea

Kimmie said...

Oh Julie,
That is Stunningly Prim! What amazing work you do. It will look just perfect on your bed. I need to learn how to quilt. I think it would be relaxing. Something that I need more of.
Hugs,
Kimmie