skip to main |
skip to sidebar
OIL SPILL.....mmmmm
What, you may ask yourself , is that? Oh, it's a sad tale.... The other day, I was out running errands, and my husband asked me to get some quarts of motor oil for his SUV--no problem. I brought them home(4 of them) and set them on the floor while I put the other groceries and necessities away(probably even something with lavender..LOL). Not thinking about the oil again, I went about my business of dinner, life, children--you know. I was probably even blogging some, too. I came into the room where this incident took place, and about CRIED--well, actually, I did. Our 16 month old, (named Sammi), Brittney Spaniel, active, SMART(...I guess, that's what my husband says anyway), dog had chewed the lid off two of the bottles of oil, and they were SPILLING ALL OVER THE CARPET!! Oh me, oh my... The dog was no where in sight, so I went looking. I really do love her and had to make sure she hadn't ingested any
. She hadn't, as far as I could tell. She was fine, lying on our bed, sleeping. I didn't even yell at her. Extra blessings for me that day, right? My husband was gone at the time, and I didn't call him to share the news. He came home around 10:30, saw the spots and thought some other "accident" had occured (those of you with pets , know what I mean). After I explained, he actually wished it would have been the other kind of accident. We spent 3-4 hours that night using carpet cleaning supplies, Dawn dish soap, and sucking up some with a wet-dry vac, etc. As you can see, the oil is still there. Before we call the professionals in , I was wondering if anyone has any ideas,insights, thoughts, pep-talks, or experiences you would like to share with me about my carpet dilemma. I told my husband, my idea of the true fix would be to rip up the carpet and put in hard wood=)--he didn't particularly think that was the BEST plan--oh, dear. Anyway, life goes on, right? It's only carpet....And as I tell my girls when they have a struggle with something--"this too shall pass."Be Nice to People,Julie
6 comments:
I have no idea what you can do to your carpet...good luck!!! thanks for stopping by my blog and all my clip art is from a very generous woman named Mandie who creates them and then puts them on her blog for us to use for free!! Go to...http://lifeinthecraftlanewithmandie.blogspot.com/.....so go there and get you some!!!lol...Have a great night!!!~Wendy
Oh and welcomre to blogland!!! There are so many wonderful ladies here!! I too just started blogging a few weeks ago and I am loving it!!!
I don't know any way to rescue the carpet. Surely the professiuonals will have some way of solving this.
What a cheeky dog, they just can't help themselves sometimes. I'm glad it was a happy ending for him!
Well, first and foremost...Thank God your doggy was okay. Now, as far as the carpet, have you tried Oxyclean yet? I have found that it surely works wonders on alot of stains. Now, my sister in law swears by Lestoil. She works in a restaurant and my brother is a mechanic on the railroad. She has removed oil from his work clothes with it and also such things as oily salad dressings, spaghetti sauce etc. I would suggest trying that first before the Oxyclean. It is made especially for oil problems. Hope this helped. :-)
Blessings,
Kimmie
Have you tried butter spray (like Pam)? Now, I don't know if it will work, but I do know it took some nasty, thick oil off a snowmobile panel I was cleaning for my husband. It also takes pine pitch off your hands. You wouldn't happen to know how to get shoe polish out of carpet, would you? My husband was polishing his shoes with black shoe polish, and a huge "glorp" of it got all over my off-white carpet. I haven't found anything to get it out--not even Pam:)
I'm with you on the wood floor solution to that problem. My husband won't go for it either! LOL
I'm not good with stain removal. Sure hope you find someone who can help.
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment