Friday, April 11, 2008

Cheetos...


Some days it's the simple things that bring us joy!!! This is a photo of the way one of my girls eats Cheetos. She doesn't like to get her fingers dirty and messy with the cheesy stuff, so she eats them with a fork. So Funny.... Her idea....we just smile each time one of those cheesy, crunchy, puffy, unhealthy morsels goes into her mouth. I find that some times it is just the simple things that I need to focus on for a smile or an uplift. I do have a sign in my home that says, "SIMPLIFY". Some days I'm better at focusing on simple things than other days. You know, things like the sunshine, hairspray, dandelion bouquets, words... "I LOVE YOU Mom", thanks for helping me, music,popcorn popped in an air popper, ears, laughter, toothpaste, the feel of fabric, noses, comfy clothes and a smile....What made you smile today? What simple part of life did you appreciate and focus on today? Sometimes, that's all it takes.... Thanks, my little girl for reminding me what's really important.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Julie!
What an adorable post. I like the Simple things in life also. "Comfy Clothes" got my attention real quick! I love to get changed out of regular clothes into nice fabrics that breathe and stretch. ;-) LOL!

I also love Cheetos, but don't like getting my fingers all orange, so I opted to not put them on my grocery list anymore! But, ah ha...I have learned a way to get around the cheesy situation. How easy, a fork...who would have thunk it. Thank your daughter for me, now I can enjoy my Cheetos in a very ladylike way!

You have a lovely blog, thank you for stopping by mine. Don't be a stranger.
Blessings,
Kimmie

Elise said...

Hi Julie

Aren't children the best for reminding you every single day about the joys that can be found in the simple things.

Having a little girl who is nearly nienteen months, makes me see the world through her eyes. She is so quick to smile, giggle and get excited. This attitude is infectious and a blessing.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Yes it is the simple things that our children make us more aware of...

Farmhouse Blessings said...

... butterflies, blowing bubbles, a spider's web, flannel jammies, wood smoke ... just a few things that made me smile today!

Blessings,
Lea