So, it is 11:10 p.m., and yes it has been a long day. I even almost skipped my Friday post, but just had to do it. We are reroofing our house this weekend. Luckily and thankfully we have the BEST family, friends and neighbors anyone could ask for, and they are truly serving us. We started at 8:00 a.m. and the men finished for the night at around 10:30--yes, it was dark, but our neighbor had some very bright lights they used for awhile. It will be so lovely when finished. I will have to share...
Notice, one of the men lying on the roof--that's my husband's 40 year old baby brother. He needed a little rest. This is the back view of the house. They had to take 2 layers of shingles off before they could start to put the new shingles on. Oh, what fun... They will work their little tails off tomorrow, too. My official job is to keep everyone hydrated and fed--so far, so good. We'll see what tomorrow brings...pray for NO rain and/or wind!!! Off to bed I go...
Be NIce to People,
Julie

4 comments:
What a long and exhausting day.
I'll be praying that tomorrow the weather conditions will be perfect for you to complete the roof.
How wonderful to have such giving and generous family and friends. Where would we be without these truly special people in our lives?
Warmest wishes
Elise
So great that you have recruited some lovey volunteers. :) It will be so nice when it's all finished and checked off the to do list. :)
Have a great weekend!
Now THAT'S a project! Here's hoping you have sunny skies and lots of food and beverages... Enjoy your weekend!
Oh, the dredded roof job! I remember when we had ours done...ugh! Good luck and I hope the weather cooperates for you.
Hugs,
Kimmie
Post a Comment