For some reason, I love to decorate with houses. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a SAHM, and so Home is my world--pretty much. I have several things in my home that I have made that have a house involved--here's some show and tell...
I found this frame at a yard sale for 50 cents. I had made this house hoping to find a "home" for it--when I brought the frame home I was elated because the house fit perfectly. I didn't have to tweek it at all, and I didn't even have to repaint the frame. The saying below it says, "Home is where your story begins".
This isn't handmade, but I LOVE it. About 5 years ago our family travelled to New Hampshire where my best friend in the world lived. (She lives in Kentucky now). I bought this there at Chutters--"The World's Largest Candy Counter" store. They had so many cute, cute things there, but this worked for me. It reminded me of the east , and it is how I feel towards anyone who comes to our home. It is hanging downstairs in my Primitive family room.
I made this from a kit that I got on clearance at a quilt shop. It was fun to make because it was easy and fast. I also like kits sometimes because then I don't have to think as hard about matching fabrics. =)
I made this without a pattern--it hangs on our front door--for now. I change things around quite a bit, well, actually a lot. I used a charm pack, which is about 25 5 inch squares that all come from the same fabric line. I had the backround fabric left -over from my Star Quilt. It came together quickly--I like the warm country look and feel.
If you have decorated your home with homes--heeheehee, please share. I would love to see....
Webster defines home as "a place where one likes to be; restful or congenial place". I like to be home--I hope my family does, too.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
5 comments:
What a sweet idea! I never really thought about how having houses around could really warm a home. I agree completely.
Home is everything, isn't it? I love all of your decorative touches. They are all very welcoming...sl
Hi Julie! I love all your houses! Especially the first 2 pics! I have them all over my house too. I love to paint and make them (out of wood). And yes, HOME is where your story begins...
I tried posted earlier and was giving you instructions on puting music on your blog...my internet quit on me. So I will try to give you a tutorial later. :(
Hi Julie
All of your pieces make for such a welcoming and cosy feeling. I love the house theme - it gives such a sense of warmth.
Julie...your home decor is so pretty. I love the framed house, how cool that it all went together without a hitch! And your door quilt is just stunning. The look is so Welcoming. Thanks for sharing...you are a dear heart. :-)
Hugs,
Kimmie
Post a Comment