Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Birthday Girl

Six years ago today, I was at the hospital waiting to give birth to our last baby. I had my previous 3 girls c-section(because of many complications--long, long story), and this one was to be delivered that way, too. I, however, went into labor 3 and a half weeks early. I had done about everything when it comes to childbirth, but not that one yet. So, the doctor talked to my husband and I about doing an amnioscentisis to see if the baby's lungs were developed. If so, he would proceed with the c-section, if not, he would try to stop the labor and put me on bedrest for a week or two. The amnio scared me more than anything ever has. I wept the whole time the doctor performed the procedure. Luckily, our little one's lungs were developed, and at 9:06 p.m., April 30, 2002, our little girl was born. We kept the gender of our baby's a surprise--never peeking at the ultrasound. We were blessed with our fourth daughter. She has been a TRUE JOY. She is funny, sensitive, happy, smart, shy, kind, caring and little. We love her so much!!She got some fun things for her birthday, her favorite being High School Musical. She likes to dance and sing. She will have fun doing both with the movie. She wants chicken noodle soup(her favorite) for her birthday dinner tonight, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. She is my SUNSHINE.

I will be on a little hiatus for the next couple of days. I am going to a women's conference where I get to take classes on motherhood, family life, becoming a better person, etc. I am thrilled. I have gone for several years, and I always come back with a full cup ready to be a better mom, wife and woman. My husband takes the days off from work--he is so wonderful--to be "Mr. Mom" while I am gone. My daughter will post for me while I am away--but I will have to comment to you, my blog friends, when I get home. Stay tuned...I'm sure I'll have some pearls of wisdom when I return...

7 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Happy Birthday to your baby!!! my niece is turning 6 today as well and she has blonde hair and she loves High school Musical as she loves to dance and sing too!!! How funny is that!! thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment on my award!! Come back and get this award on my blog I want you to have one too!!! Just right click on it and save it to your pc and then download it like you would an image!! Have a Blessed time at your conference my friend!!~Wendy

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Sounds like she's have a fun day and going to have a yummy supper!!

Your women's conferance sounds like fun! It's nice to get "away". And I agree it will make you a better mom and wife. :) Maybe I need to get away. :) "Talk" to you later!

Elise said...

Hi Julie

Happy 6th birhtday to your delightful April. We also have that family tradition where mum cooks up our favourite meal for our birthday dinner. We all just love it, I couldn't think of a better way to finish up such a special day.

Your conference sounds like it will be jam packed full of inspirational speakers and interesting sessions. I am looking forward to hearing all about it and what lessons and messages you were able to take from it. Enjoy!!

Love
Elise

Carin said...

Happy Birthday to your DD!
I had one emergerncy c-section
on V-back and one 2 months premee

Katy said...

Awww! Happy Birthday to your lil girl!!! What an adorable picture!!! :)

Have a great time at your women's conference!!!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Well who wouldn't love that little cutie?! Happy Birthday to her!

I hope you'll enjoy your conference. It's sounds so inspiring. And how nice for your husband to take over in your absence. I think it's great to give the guys some renewed perspective once in a while. Sometimes I think we make the job look too easy :)

Have a fantastic trip!

Kimmie said...

Happy Birthday to your Dear Daughter! What a little cutie pie she is!

Have a Blessed time at your converence. It sounds like it is going to be amazing! You will have to tell us all about it when you get back.
Hugs,
Kimmie