Monday, November 5, 2012

LIfe is Good

Hello!!  Life is good at our home. Never a dull moment.  We had a great October and November, the month of thanks is here.  Here are a few photos that capture life lately.

The girls!!

We went to Moab for fall break. One of the hikes was scarey, folks!! 
The smile is fake--just sayin'!

Arches in Moab are amazing. This is called Corona Arch.
We also hiked Delicate Arch, the arch on the Utah license plate.
 I thought I added a photo, but I guess it disappeared.

These 3 quilts are for my neighbor. I made them with her father's shirts. He passed away a year ago.
She wants to give the quilts to her daughters for Christmas. I finished them and gave them to her. She LOVED them and cried as she remembered her father.  It was an honor to make them for her.
 My sweet mother in law helped me. Love her.



Savanna played at a music teacher's conference. She was working with a world known educator and musician.  She did very well. Kind of scarey to be upfront in a room full of piano teachers.
 So proud of her.

Our Jessica turned 20 years old on Friday. Gasp!!
I can't be old enought to have a 20 year old.

She is finishing her semester at school and then will come home to prepare to serve an LDS mission.
She is so very excited!!  I am excited for her...just not sure how I will survive a year and a half not seeing her. Sniff, sniff and more sniff!!  Big changes!!  Good changes!!
Life is Good.
I am truly grateful for so many blessings.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

1 comment:

Kerin said...

Hi sweet Julie!
Loved seeing all the wonderful things that you've been up to!

You are a sweet angel for helping to get those quilts made up for your friend. How I wish that I had some of my dad's shirts to do a small quilt with, or even a pillow.
It's a wonderful idea!!

Congrats to Jessica!!!!!!!
I am SO excited for her to put in her papers, and serve a mission.
It will be such an amazing experience for your entire family!!

I know you will miss her, but you will feel the spirit comfort you, and you will be amazed how quickly time will go by.

Thinking of you...

love,
K.