September 1--Labor Day weekend. The weekend that ends summer. It has been a very nice summer full of new experiences, new friendships, family time, and just good, clean fun. I can feel fall in the air occasionally, and I am happy for that. Here are a few photos of life lately at our house.
I found this treasure at a yard sale for $4.00. Cute, huh?
The seat lifts for storage--sweet!!
One of my heros is Abraham Lincoln. He said just the right things.
Our oldest, Jessica, is off to another year of college. We made her this banner to go in her bedroom.
GO AGGIES!!! I must say it was a bit easier to send her away this year. Still tugged at the heartstrings, but I know she is at the right place at the right time, so it is good. I love hearing about her adventures and learning from her as she tells me what she is learning in her classes. ALMOST makes me wish I was in college again...ALMOST!!:)

In March, my sweet, wonderful neighbor brought over a sack full of shirts for me. Her father had passed away in November, and with tears in her eyes, asked if I could take these shirts of his and make three quilts for her girls--his grand-daughters for Christmas. I told her I would be honored.
So, this week my wonderful MIL and I took a day.....
to cut....
to count...
to lay-out (With Sammi's help)...
to sew...
to sew some more...
to finish one top...
to finish two tops...
to finish three tops!!
I just need to get flannel for the backs, some batting for the middles, and then tie them!!
I LOVE how they turned out. I can hardly wait to give them to her.
I have been doing a few crafty things with burlap lately.
Love the look of that stuff. I will post about that soon.
I hope everyone has a safe, nice weekend! Happy September.
Be Nice to People,
Julie














1 comment:
Julie..
great find.
I have tears in my eyes..reading about the quilts that you are making from the shirts.
Oh, how I would have loved to have one like that from my dad's shirts.
You are an angel!
*smile
K.
Post a Comment