I think I have mentioned that I am a camp director this summer for about 100 girls ages 12-18. I have about 20 girls who will be helping me with this task. We had a get-together to work on some camp projects. I fed them breakfast--very important for teengage girls:) and then put them to work. ( I will show what we did in a later post). As a "thank you" for coming, I made them all a keychain.
Fabric on the back, pellon peltex and interfacing in between and fabric on top. I used grosgrain ribbon to attach the key ring. Then added a button.
I had to add a key!!
These young women are SO GOOD!!
I just finished this table topper this morning. I think if I did a count, I would have more Americana than Christmas. Crazy!! I love red, white and blue:)!!
This is one of those 10 minute table runners. Simple!! It really does take only about 10 minutes to make. You use 1/2 yard back fabric and 1/3 front fabric. Sew the long sides together, right sides of fabric facing each other. This will make a tube. Turn inside out. Lay the fabric so that the sides are even. Then press. Trim off the short ends so that they are even. Fold the fabric in half the long way so that the back fabric is facing up. Sew both short sides 1/4" seam allowance. Turn so that ends make a point. Press. You can add a button on the ends, but I just did a simple straight stitch along the edge. Nice way to spend 10 minutes!!
Hope you are enjoying a nice summer day. I am off to take the girls swimming!!
Have a great day.
Be Nice to People,
Julie








2 comments:
Those are so cute Julie! I love all your American decor...I need to be better and get some more.
Hi Julie!
Cute keychains, and how thoughtful of you to give them a token of your gratitude :)
They'll be happy little worker bees now :)
Thanks also, for the runner tutorial... I need to give it a try.
I'm thinking it would be a cute way to make a table runner for our little 2 seater table that's in our kitchen.
{{hugs}}
Kerin
Post a Comment