Wednesday, April 11, 2012

LockDown

I got a text this morning from my high school daughter that said,
 "Mom. We are in Lockdown. Like for Real."
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? As my heart jumped out of my shirt.  I quickly text her back for details. None of which she had at first.
So, I busied myself being distracted at home. I then thought how grateful I am for my day-to-day life and routine, for my home, and for my family. Just living life. So, I walked around the house a took some photos of life today at our home.

The dog..asleep..as usual..on the chair...

Spring...in its colorful glory is bursting out all over!

Just home!


Inspiration for the day!

Trust...

Grateful for a higher source to turn to for stillness!!
Back to the high school...a homemade chemical bomb went off in one of the stairwells of the high school. No one was injured. However, things like this these days are so serious. You never know!! The police came out in force to protect our kids as did the administration and teachers. I am so thankful for those who take their jobs seriously. Thanks to our police and teachers.  Think of the world without them.
What an interesting way to start the day. It puts in all in perspective..
Be Nice to People,
Julie

3 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, very nice... glad your daughter is OK.

Carole said...

Oh no, I didn't quite understand at first what lockdown was, but now it sends shivers down my spine. No one got hurt, thankfully. I sometimes wonder how I would react in an emergency like this. It sure makes us treasure every good moment.

Kerin said...

I heard about this on the news.
I thought about you guys too!
Scary stuff...makes one wonder about the mind set of kids like that .... crazy!

I heard that no-one was hurt, but I knew that you'd be worried none the less.

Happy everyone is ok.

I've been giving the swap some thought.
We are going to be pretty busy for the next little bit, but hopefully soon things will slow down and we can work something out that works for both of us :)
((hugs)) Kerin