As I mentioned in my last post, I celebrated my birthday on Monday. For several years now, I have received a card in the mail. It is NEVER late. It is handmade. It ALWAYS contains a dollar bill.
The lady who sends it is over 90 years old. She was one of my teachers growing up and also one of my leaders in our church. She always remembers my birthday. Pretty amazing!
Ooops--forgot to fix that! Below the dollar it says, "get yourself a treat". This year I decided to take the dollar and "pay it forward" by making her a little something.
I made a table runner for her. It is springy and cute. I will include a letter and a photo of our family.
Pay it Forward today..I challenge you!!
Have a great weekend!
Be Nice to People,
Julie




2 comments:
How sweet of her to remember you each year and for you to make her something nice.
My grandmother was like that, amazing, she never missed a birthday or anniversary, always a card with a little something tucked inside. She had 9 children, 27 grandchildren, and I don't know how many greats.
Happy Belated Birthday to you:)
Julie,
I like your motto "Be Nice to People" - excellent words to live by. And Happy Birthday, you are so lucky to have such a nice person always remember your birthday. Marilyn
Post a Comment