Saturday was an inside day. It rained and then snowed all day long. I organized and cleaned a few areas and then found some time in my sewing room.
I had a left-over block from a swap I did, so I made a wall-hanging. I need to bind it and let it hang for at least one more week before Valentine's decor gets to come out!
I also made this wall-hanging. I am ready for the cheer of red and pink and hearts and LOVE!!
I am working on something for the girls. I will share when it gets closer to being finished.
This says,"Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." A gentle reminder for all of us.
I still need to stitch and finish it. It will be simple pillow.
Karissa has the stomach flu today. She was sick all night long. Poor girl.
Rebecca had anxiety today as she headed out the door for junior high. A change in teachers and classes for her. She will be fine, but she is my worrier.
Savanna is driving today with her driver's ed teacher. She seems to take it in stride, I don't however. The roads are icy and wet, and she is only 16!! GULP!!
Jessica is trying to figure out how to best pay for another year of college. IT IS SO EXPENSIVE!!! She has lots of options but is trying to choose the one that is best for her. Prayer. Thank goodness for it.
I think my pillow is for me. "Let not MY heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Sometimes it is really hard to be the Mom. It is a blessing to watch the girls stretch and grow,
however, it requires a Mom to stretch and grow herself. I hope I am up to the challenge.
Just some thoughts for a Monday Morning. Hope your day is marvelous.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
P.S. Just realized this is my 500th post. WOW!! I can't believe I have found that much to ramble on post about!!:)




3 comments:
Lots on your mind, hey Momma? You have some lovely girls and they're lucky to have you! I've made that little stitcherie too and it's just awesome. I know you'll put lots of love into it! Hugs, Kim
Hi Julie!
Love your new "XOX" banner! I'm getting ready to hang the one you made for our Valentine swap.
Really like the quote you are putting on a pillow. Would be lovely framed too.
Lots going on with the girls I see. Hope they all are doing well. You're a mom and you will always worry.
500 POSTS?!?!?!
hugz,
Sheila
A cute snowman. I was hoping to get to make another snowman or two in January but time is fast running out. And I wanted a new little quilt for Valentine's Day as I don't have much. You are getting done what I need to be doing!
Post a Comment