I taught a lesson on Sunday for the women in our church. It was titled "Living in Thanksgiving Daily". Three points that I shared(that come from the apostle Joseph B. Wirthlin) so that we can be more effective in living in thanksgiving daily are:
1) Open our EYES
More becomes less if we don't appreciate our blessings daily. We soon take things for granted.
2) Open our HEARTS
Getting rid of bitter, negative thoughts and feelings will help our hearts be more grateful.
3) Open our ARMS
One of the best ways to feel gratitude is to serve others. It helps us go past thoughts of ourself and teaches us to think of others.
I challenged everyone(including myself) to write in a GRATITUDE journal everyday this month and then keep writing in it regularly for....well, forever!! Why not? It feels good to be grateful and to actually write about it.
In Prevention Magazine, I read this: "If life's minor annoyances make you want to scream, try saying "thank you" a little more often. Expressing gratitude makes you less likely to lash out when you are irked. It works best to put your thanks on paper."
So, I'm working on noticing, changing my heart and serving. I have a desire to be grateful. I am so blessed, and I need to be more appreciative of the many wonderful things in my life.
Have a blessed day!
Be Nice to People,
Julie


1 comment:
Beautiful thoughts.
Sounds like a very up-lifting lesson.
I like your 'attitude of gratitude.'
Post a Comment