Thursday, September 1, 2011

No Vacancy...

Goodness, it certainly has been awhile since I blogged.  Honestly, I have been adjusting to the changes of parenthood around here.  Having the first little bird leave the nest has been something new to figure out, but I am making it a day at a time.  She is doing well, and I am doing...better.:)  It's too bad we raise our kids to leave us!!  That is how it goes though.  It has been fun to hear of her adventures.  I must admit that setting one less place at the table and having an empty spot in the driveway puts a lump in my throat. However,  I have tried to do things to distract me. Today the distraction was putting out some fall decorations.  When did fall happen?  Wow.  Temperature-wise, it is still summer, but my head says fall is here.  Here are some photos from around the house:

Boy, this one hits too close to home this year...

This has LOTS of flying geese. It is probably the favorite quilt I have made thus far.

From my friend Jo-Anne...hey, Jo-Anne, is it time for another swap?:)

Poor lighting--sorry.

Do scarecrows really work, anyway?  Poor little crow getting scared that way!!

Oops--I should remove the red, white and blue lamp.  I need to yard sale and find another cute lamp.

I love sunflowers. They turn to the sun. We should turn to the SON as well.

Don'tcha just love fall colors?

From my blog friend, Sheila.  She is so very talented with floral arrangements. We might need another swap, Sheila:)!!!
Happy Fall Ya'all!!
Have a blessed day, oh and...
Be Nice to People,
Julie

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Julie, I always love it when you share pics of your home! I wish I could see it for realsies! And now you've gone and done it... I feel like doin' a little decorating here too! Have a wonder-fall week, my friend!

annie said...

Just beautiful! Happy September!

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hey Julie! I am dealing with the empty nest syndrome as well. It's most definitely not what I thought it'd be, that's for sure! Love all your fall decorations. Everything looks great! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Sheila said...

Good to see you're still around Julie! I know you've had so much going on and I've thought of you often having to let go and let her fly which is never easy. It's the beginning of a new chapter in her life and yours as well. In time you will all adjust ;-)
I've been creating fall and Halloween goodies and even put out a few things that I recently got from a few swaps. Yesterday, I put out the "pumpkin" window topper that I have to use as a runner. We love it but it blocks out to much of the daylight. So I get to enjoy it on my table and I was happy to see you still bring out the arrangement I made for you!
Swap?! You betcha!
Hugz,
Sheila

Karen said...

You have some really good fall quilts. It is time to put some out at my house.

Kerin said...

You certainly have got things around your house looking
'Fall-ish' :)
I can understand the empty nest syndrome.... it is hard to navigate through.
Hope the weekend is a great one for you.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I LOVE the quilts! They are so fantastic, stunning!! It's so nice to find other quilters from other countries! :)