Spent the day yesterday with Jessica at USU for an orientation and registration for college. I must say that it was different than taking her to Kindergarten orientation and registration. I didn't hold her hand like I did that day. She even was on her own most of the day. However, the emotions were pretty much the same: excitement, anxiety, gratitude, and happiness. I am excited for her chances to meet new people and learn new things. I am anxious about the money. Will she have enough to cover it all? I am grateful that she is able to gain a higher education. She is blessed and will bless the lives of others, as she wants to be a nurse. I am happy for her. Happy that she gets to learn independence. Happy that she is only over an hour away from home. Happy that she has good roommates. Happy that she WANTS to go to a university. Happy that she is self-motivated and willing to take risks. Happy that she trusts Heavenly Father with all her heart. Happy that she even trusts her parents, who throw tid-bits of advice her way now and then.
Kindergarten to college! WOW!! She's all grown-up!! I might not hold her hand as much anymore, but I sure hold her in my heart!!
Be Nice to People,Julie

5 comments:
What an adventure it will be....for Jessica, and for you both as her parents. This 'empty nest sydrome', takes a bit getting used to :) Glad you have more kids at home to help you ease into it :)
Our Brooke loves B.Y.U. ID., but it is tooo tooo far from home for me. Five and a half hour drive, is a bit too much to just pick her up for a weekend.....boo hoo.
So, glad Spencer will be at SNOW :)
And, Cole... well he'll be married and finishing an UVU.
Thanks so much for your generous offers of help with anything wedding!!!
He's changed the date 5 times, waiting on paperwork, visas etc...
We are going to the temple in the morning and having a small family reception later.
Thanks again.. it means a lot to me that you are so kind!!
Have a great weekend, and enjoy Jessica for a bit more before she's off for the semester :)
Wishing you and Jessica all the best as she embarks on further studies. I think any patient Jessica has will be incredibly lucky. She will be a gift to them.
Oh wow, it makes me think that Elise is only 9 but in just the same amount of years, she'll be 18 and of age ! And it might come faster than I think... so I'd better really enjoy these years to come.
All the best to Jessica, and good luck in her studies !
It's just a different kind of "hard" than kindergarten! What a beautiful young lady Jessica is! I know you must be so proud! It's great that she will be so close! Blessings to Jessica as she enters this new phase of life and to you, her mama, too!
Hugs,
Tammy
Did you get Yummy Aggie Ice Cream? Or go to the Grist Mill for a sandwich? I want to go up with you when you go to Logan so I can do some shopping and eating. :) We were in Logan yesterday for rug hooking. FUN
Post a Comment