Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beehives and Such

This sumer has been full of events and things to do. On the top of the priority list was to have a yard sale.

This is the pile of "JUNK" that we got ready to sell. I promise I am not a hoarder. I told the kids if they were to clean out their "Treasures" and sell them, that they could have the money.  It worked. We cleaned out!!

Here is the stuff all priced and organized on tables. We moved it to the front yard for the actual sale.  We sold almost of all it.  Happy Dance!!  The girls felt rich.

I have been tweeking around the house. July 24 is a big holiday for our state. 

I decorate with beehives because we are the Beehive State. 

More beehives.  I made the quilt on the right. The fabric is civil war replica fabric.
I also made all the pillows you can see in the photo.

Beehives and pioneers.

A table runner I made. I bought the fabric in Jackson Hole, Wyoming last summer.
It looks like pioneers, desert, and cowboys.
By the way, I just had to make my playlist the old western music and bluegrass.  I know for some it is painful to listen to :). 
Hope the summer has been good to you.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Julie! Wishl I could have seen a little of your junk up close and personal! And as for the bluegrass... bring it on! I grew up listening to my dad play in a Gospal Bluegrass group and I LOVE bluegrass!

Sheila said...

Wish I'd had time to drive to Utah and come to your yardsale! One of these days I will really surprise you girl!
Love the table runner-so fitting for Pioneer Days!
Hope you are enjoying your summer Julie.
Hugz,
Sheila

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Hi Julie
Sounds like your summer has been a whirl of fun and good times. I LOVE your pioneer and beehive things! What a great idea! I am in the mood to stitch a little beehive something up now! :-)
Enjoy
Mercy

country cottage said...

I enjoyed looking at your mantel decorations. This year I have really gotten into the Bees and Skeps. I deocrated my foyer with Americana and Bumble Bees. And for our garden club meeting I'm hosting is going to be about Bumble Bees. I've been having a blast finding ideas.
Sure love your mantel!!!
Cheri

jennifer768 said...

Congrats on the successful yard sale!Love all of your bee hive goodies.Have a great weekend,Jen