Monday, June 27, 2011

A-m-e-r-i-c-a

I am so proud to be an American.  I so appreciate the freedoms and the life I am able to live because of those who have fought so valiantly for our country.  I enjoy decorating Americana.  I also love patriotic music and blare it throughout the house.  We have so much to be thankful for living here, so much...
Here are some shots from around the house.













"If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." ~Hamilton Fish
God Bless the USA!!

P.S.  The header photo on my blog page is a photo of 3 of my girls--Jessica, age 7.5, Savanna, age 4.5 and Rebecca--age 1 (Karissa was just a twinkle at this point).  My how time flies.  They are now 18.5, 15.5, and almost 12:)
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Like you Julie I love my country and enjoy displaying everything Americana! The girls picture is very sweet. Time does fly doesn't it? Hope you are enjoying some wonderful weather and family time.
Hugz,
Sheila

Farmchick said...

Love all your pictures you shared. :) Come say hi and maybe you could even link up to my new linky party.....Homemade by YOU Monday which features your recipes, crafts or projects. :)I am trying to do something that cheers me up....I am sure you have heard about our devasting flood that we have here.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Awww Julie...the picture of the girls caught my eye first! That is precious! My how time flies, huh?

You know I'm a big fan of Americana too....my living room is devoted to it! I love it and I love all of yours!

Have a great week!
Tammy

Kerin said...

What a great picture of your girls!
Yes... time goes by in a flash! Everything is decorated sooo cute around your place.
Hope you have a great week !
p.s. Thanks again for the swap, and all the cute 'Americana' things that you made and sent me :)

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Great decorating for the holiday. I love my country and everything Red-White-Blue, too! Recognize the Meme pattern and the Old Glory fabric line in the star quilt! :)

Never So Simple said...

Love your header picture! I love American also and I really love all of your displays.

Donna