Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Official

It's official...Yard Sale season has begun.  Take a peek at the finds:
This Basket

And this basket

And this runner---on the back of the bench

And this valance.

This, however, is not from a yard sale.  I made it for my MIL for Mother's Day. Simple plate, simple glass or vase and E-6000 Industrial glue, and you have yourself a cake plate.  I am sure plate, cup and/or vase could be found at a yard sale, though. :)  Total cost: $1.50--cha-ching!!!!

My $2.00 chair--I (or it) needs help. I want to go light, not dark, this time. Any ideas on choice of paint--color and type. How do I sand it? Or do I sand it?  I am not good at this, but want to give it a whirl.
 I am eager to give it a little lift!! 
Thanks for visiting today!! 
Be Nice to People,
Julie

4 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Way to go girl. you found some wonderful goodies! Lecia

Kerin said...

Way to score some great finds!
I haven't seen any yard sales around here yet... hopefully soon.
As far as painting the chair goes: I just use Zinsser primer (1*2*3), and then paint with my choice of color. No sanding required. Zinsser does all the work :)
Have a great day!!

Jo-Anne said...

Oh GOLLY! I am soooooo jealous of your chair! It is adorable!
I think you could probably get away with not sanding it. I usually use spray paint when I re-do a chair. I think it would be wonderful in a pale shade of yellow and then sand it around the edges and put a Golden Oak color stain over it. I sure wish we could find fun stuff at the yard sales around here! :):):)

Alana Jo said...

I love the baskets!

Alana @
www.justniftythrifty.com
www.bullrockbokeh.blogspot.com
www.shesabookworm.blogspot.com