Monday, April 25, 2011

You-Hoo...

Karissa is turning 9 years old this coming Saturday.  My baby is 9.  I am old. 
We had her friend birthday party Friday night.
It was a HOOT!! 

We made owls, owl invites, owl goodie bags.


Rebecca(my very talented 11 year old) designed the owls.  She glued on the eyes and beaks.
 I sewed them, and she stuffed them.

Close-up of the cute fabric.

The invite cover.

The package deal.

The lovely and talented Savanna made the cupcakes. She is a whizz in the kitchen, let me tell ya!!
The party was a great success!!  Pictures pending.....
Hope your Easter weekend was wonderful. I was given a new calling in our ward(church). I am in a leadership position now, and pray for guidance from above.
"Leave to thy God to order and provide. In ev'ry change he faithful will remain."
Be Nice to People,
Julie

4 comments:

Elise said...

How beautiful and special that Rebecca and Savanna helped out and what an impressive job they did!

Happy ninth birthday to Karissa.

Sheila said...

Hi Julie~
what a fun "theme" for celebrating Karissa's bday! I love how everything turned out and the talent that your girls have is awesome! Just like their Momma!
Blessings,
Sheila

Kimberly said...

Julie, that's awesome... I know you're the right person for a leadership position in church... you are so inspiring!

And what wonderful birthday goodies! Emily turns 14 in a week or so and she's my owl(ie) girl! I better not show her those favors or I know where MY time will go!

Karen said...

The owl cupcakes are so cute. Owls are big in the fabric line this year.