THE CHALLENGE: In our quilt group, we were given 5 or 6 various fabrics and then told to CREATE!!!
EEEE GADS...look at the variety in these fabrics. Not really any that I would put together---by choice. So I put my little, errr..... BIG thinking cap on and this is what I came up with...
Here is the back.--using that loverly orange and yellow piece--had a 1/2 yard.
I used the flower fabric for sashing... this piece of fabric was actually cute :)
This owl has floral wings, houndstooth body and nautical eyes!
Here is the finished product...well, except that I need to bind it.
WHOOOOOOO would have thought? I think it worked...do you? (Don't tell me if you don't--heehee).
Hope you'Owl have a great weekend. And thanks for stopping by!!
Remember to SPRING your clock forward!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie





12 comments:
Julie, that's amazing! You did an awesome job!
Oh yes, it did turn out great. So cute. Whoooo would have thought!
Have a great week.
Julie, I think your project is a "hoot!"
(sorry, couldn't resist!) I'm noticing lots of owls these days! I collected them and decorated my house back in the early 80's with them! eeeeekkkk! can't believe I admitted to that. None of them were this cute I can tell you that.
Be blessed~
I agree, wow!
Amazing job.
I could have never came up with something so awesome.
Tam
Owls are so popular now (again)! Hope you'll show what the other gals made for the challenge too!
I think you did a very good job of creating with the fabrics you were given. I looked at the fabrics and wondered what in the world I would do with them. Good job!
Yes, looks like it's a "hootin" good time over to your place!
(I also couldn't resist hehe) Whooooo wouldn't like this? AWESOME what you did with your scraps and challenge!
BTW ( because I'm slow) I have a puppy, now, at my house, that I got at the grocery store, 5 months ago! Oh yes, out where we live, that is the BEST place ever to peddle puppies! lol
Enjoy
Mercy
Adoreable!
Such creativity!!
So cute!
Of course, with your stitching and sewing talent, you could make something adorable out of a bag of rags !
Hope you have a wonderful week!
You are so clever! Owls are certainly making a comeback lately. I love it! :)
These owls are darling. I've always had a thing for owls and even had a stuffed one as a child (stuffed toy not a stuffed owl) his name was Hooter. You are so talented!
Post a Comment