From the first time that I met Lisa, I knew we were friends long before earth time. We connected when we met at the age of 16 and have stayed connected now for 29 years. Time and distance ( she has lived in Connecticut, Columbia--South America, Idaho, Arizona, New Hampshire and Kentucky) have not separated our friendship and devotion to each other. We have laughed, cried, played, talked, giggled,
worked, vacationed, shared, prayed, and struggled together. We have raised children, shared sacred moments and disappointments, and just been there for each other--with a trusting and judgement-free relationship. Today, I got a package in the mail from her--for my birthday. I LOVE it, and knew I would because she always knows what to send or say or do. It is this darling water container with a fancy spout. Isn't it fabulous? It matches my newly red-colored kitchen perfectly.
She is really my sister!! Love, love, love her.
Also, just had to share my grocery list with you. Notice that all items listed are inanimate except one...
"a puppy." So tenderly written by my 8 year old, animal loving, cursive learning, Karissa. Don't think I will find one of those at the grocery store---phew...
Be Nice to People,
Julie



7 comments:
Isn't it wonderful to have a friend like that?? And her gift is so cool! I can see it filled with lemonade or ice tea at summer cookouts and mulled cider in the winter! So neat!!
What a fun little water jug! Isn't it wonderful to have friends like that? I have one, too, and I just love her. She is such a ray of joy in my life. Her son recently left for his mission--guess where--AFRICA! Not the same mission as Mark, but just another reason to recognize the Lords hand in all things. :)
I think I will be sending your share of our little swap this weekend. I'm excited!
It is so wonderful to be blessed with a friend like Lisa, a true treasure. Love you gift!!! Like your grocery list too, now don't forget the puppy!! So cute!!!
How sweet! I'm thinking that she needs a puppy! LOL When hubs used to do the shopping for me, I used to insert little notes somewhere on the list....like a 'snuggle', a 'kiss', or a hug. He would come home and say they didn't have everything on my list, then I would get the appropriate kiss, hug, etc. and he would say "Well, now I can cross you off my list"! ROFL
Blessings...
Love it! I know how you feel, I too, have a friend I dearly treasure....
Puppy Alert!
2 boston terriers, 8 weeks old and ready for new homes, residing next door to me. Please help, some one needed to adopt quickly, puppy breath is to much to resist! Husband now taking my checkbook to work, everyday, till said puppies are gone! :0].....
Happy BirthDay!
Tisha
What a blessing to have a wonderful friend like that. We surely are blessed by the friends in our lives that are really more like family members! I think it is beautiful!
Hope you had a great week!
So sweet of Karissa to put a puppy on the list :)
So cute. lol Somebody really wants a puppy!
Post a Comment