Monday, October 11, 2010

Re-TREAT--that's an awesome word

This past weekend, some of my quilty friends and I had a little retreat from the real world and went into the realm of the sewing world.  We stayed at our friend's cabin and sewed and ate and laughed and sewed and ate....it was a real TREAT!!  Before we hit the cabin though, we went to a quilt festival. Here are some beautiful quilts to look at:

My favorite

A Lori Holt pattern--her quilts are amazing

Parables of Christ---mostly paper-pieced

Entitled:  "Oh My Gosh"....appropriate

Here they are---so much fun!! ( Becky the one in the red TAB shirt, made 10 quilt tops--not kidding--she is turbo-sewer.)

Marilyn's civil war quilt. She kept saying, "I can't wait to get this done so that I can do something fun."

This took me HOURS. Yes, there are 160 flying geese in this quilt. I love it though. I wish I had a magic wand  to wave that would quilt it for me. 

I also started and finished this Halloween quilt top. This should quilt quickly--hopefully before October is over.

The cabin had 2 lofts, and I slept in one of them.  Me, the one afraid of heights got to climb the ladder and sleep up here.  Nice to spend some time with great ladies who are talented, who have lives of love and concern for family, and who are so kind to me!!!  It was a TREAT to be with them.

Attitude of Gratitude:
Children who sing songs about Jesus
A new comb
64 plus ounces of water I get to drink today
Be Nice to People.
Julie

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Looks like a very productive weekend as well as lots of great fun and fellowship! The quilts: "WOW".........
Hugz,
Sheila

Kerin said...

Ok... so my husband looking over my shoulder and waiting to use the computer says, 'Wow!' "We could learn how to do that'.
"What, quilt?"
He assures me that we could, indeed learn how to quilt. I, on the other hand am doubtful. I know myself.
So.. it looks like maybe you gals have inspired a new quilter :)
Gorgeous quilts and wonderful women! I'm glad you had a great time!
Have a great day :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow, Julie! That sounds like a great time and what beautiful quilts ya'll made!

Tammy

Gayle said...

Julie - Sounds like you had a great weekend! I was sad that I didn't make it up to Quilt Festival - I always enjoy the show and the vendors booths. Your quilt retreat must have been a blast - I can't remember the last time I did something like that!

Becky J. said...

weeee !!!! it was totally fun! thanks for coming this year.

Kimberly said...

What fun! I just bought that Lori Holt pattern... also the Grandma's Kitchen one and have started it. I'm having fun with it so far but it's intimidating to say the least!
Love your pumpkin quilt and yes, that is a lot of flying geese!
Hugs,Kimberly