It has been awhile since I have posted. Life is going at a fast pace this week, and I have not found or made the time to get on the computer much. My family all survived the hike they did last Friday. I don't think Jessica has even had time to load the photos from the camera to the computer, so suffice to say, they had a great time, all survived and are much braver than I will ever attempt to be. :)
The girls have had one project after another at school. I just finished helping Karissa do a biography report on Helen Keller. What a remarkable person she was. I love people like her who never give up, give it their all, and are such an inspiration to the rest of us.
Here is a photo of Helen Keller at the age of 7. We chose this photo because she is close to the age of Karissa who is 8.
Karissa liked learning about Helen Keller. She learned that they have/had the love of animals in common. She gives her report orally next week.
Here are some quotes from Helen Keller that I wanted to share:
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content."
"I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
"We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there was only joy in the world."
My Attitude of Gratitude:
No dirty clothes in the hampers...today! :)
Prayer
Moms--they are heroes
Be Nice to People,
Julie



3 comments:
I love the quotes, nothing like them to give a little nudge to my spirit today :-)
Thank you !
Love those quotes too! Have a great weekend!!
Great quotes!
Sure makes me think about all of my blessings.
Helen is an inspiration :)
Karissa is such a doll!
Wishing her the best on her report.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
Post a Comment