Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Growing. Up.

This past weekend also included homecoming for Jess's high school.    Her date was a friend, and they had a great time.
 The epic attempt at pinning on the flower.
The epic save by her father :)

Cute, cute kids.  They had a great time.

 Bret has each boy that takes Jessica(or the rest of our girls when they can date) on a date sign a shot-gun shell.  He calls it "His Contract."  He asks the boy what time they will be home, talks to them about respect and how much he loves Jessica.  The poor boy doesn't stand a chance---hahaha!!  They are good sports, though. 
This is me, 30 years ago----gasp!!!!!

This is Savanna--today. She has a beautiful new silvery smile for the next 18 months.  She was a real trooper while she got her braces on.  Yup, my baby girls are not baby girls anymore.  She is a cutie pie!! 

Attitude of Gratitude:
Boys who are Gentle. Men.
Smiles
Asking a teenager what is wrong, and having them tell you

Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the "shotgun shell" contract!
He must be a great Dad with a good sense of humor! Love it!
Just think of what beautiful teeth hide behind the "silver" lining~

Leah said...

Cute post - and I love the shotgun idea..... it is always talked about here daddy and his gun -- but the shotgun shell is cool! Braces.... awwww brings back memories myself and both of my kids - but oh so much fun the day they come off!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love your daughter's dress. Ahhh memories of my high school dances are such a treasure. :)

Eliza said...

I LOVE that he makes them sign a shot-gun shell :-) But I love even more that he asks what time they will be home, talks about respect and how much he loves his daughter.

I know my baby girl still won't even be born for 3 more months but I am going to have to remember this idea for when she is old enough to date!

Kerin said...

Good Morning Julie,
Love the pictures of the date and your beautiful daughter.
They both have killer smiles and I can see that they are great kids!!
Boy... your husband really means business!! :) My husband laughed when he saw the pictures :)
Aahhh..... we remember braces around here too. Well, they do eventually come off and they are worth it :)
Have a great day today !

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

LOL... that is a great idea dad has about the bullet!!:0) Although your girls are gorgeous so the boys really need the scare!!:0) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!