Tuesday, September 7, 2010

900 sq. feet of prim goodness.

Today was my lucky day.  I was invited to visit a prim-colonial  home( only 15 minutes from my home.)  In Utah, that is not as common as it would be in the east. I was thrilled.  This home was prim goodness from ceiling to floor and out the doors.  Here are SOME of the photos I shot. 

These dolls were fabulous.
The lady who owns the home also does rug hooking and her work is spectacular.
Notice the red bench hanging above the window.  I LOVED that idea. She said, "No room on the floor, hang it on the wall."
I loved this saucer.
Notice the hooked rug in the corner---amazing!!  And her redwork is lovely.
This was in the laundry room. 
Look at that crazy quilt.  I loved it.
This was painted on her bedroom wall. Her husband is an artist.  I would imagine he painted it.
I admired the painted floors. Each room was different.
Old books and photos and lanterns--just picture perfect.
This spinning wheel and windsor chair were two of my favorites.
As I said, her husband is an artist, and he carved and painted this incredible Noah's Ark.
These dolls--circa 1820
She got this in Mass.  She said that it is a sampler of stitches and sewing this girl learned in 1914.  

 This home really needs to be featured in a magazine. It was incredible. I didn't take many photos of the yard, but it is over an acre with a barn, a chicken coop, herb garden, painted wooden fences, and charm, charm, charm.  The lady who owns the home is ever so gracious, charming and warm herself.  What a pleasant way it was to start the day. 
Be Nice to People,
Julie

11 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH my goodness! What eye candy! I only wish I could fly to Utah to shoot it!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!

Sheila said...

Julie you were very fortunate to find this wonderful prim home in UTAH!? Wow, we don't get to see much if any of it here in the west. Thank you so much for sharing your find.
Blessings to you~

Leah said...

This is very neat - nothing like that in my bit of country only a local store that sells primitive goods. Very cool....

Carin said...

Julie that house is amazing I can't believe you found it here in Utah! You're right it should be in a magazine. Hugs Carin

Gayle said...

HI Julie - It was so fun to meet you at our rug hooking meeting yesterday! I'm glad you shared pictures of Kaye's home here - I posted a link on my blog so my readers can come over here and take a look too!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Julie, just came here from Gayle's blog. Awesome pictures!! Also awesome are your quilt hangings, I have patterns I want to do and have never done. You have inspired me so hope I can find the time or take the time as the case is sometimes. Love you blog and your home.
I am now a follower, come check out my giveaway and become a follower, would love to have you.
Blessings,
Lorna

COLONY HOMESTEAD said...

oh what an amazing home...thanks for sharing it with us...

Elise said...

How delightful for you to have the opportunity to visit this home. What a treat to see so many wonderful creations and be inspired by so many creative ideas.

Kimberly said...

...and you didn't invite me...?

;)

Becky J. said...

what in the world--- did you go alone? the other group should have come along!!! set us up :)

Carole said...

Yep, eye candy are the exact words. Thanks a lot for making me travel in my chair !! It would be fantastic to see this home for real !!