Monday, August 23, 2010

My Wish

First day of school--2010
Jessica--grade 12...
Savanna--grade 9

Rebecca--grade 6.

Karissa--grade 3 

The words to this song went through my head all day as I thought about my girls and the new adventures they would embark on this school year.(the music is on my playlist---listen if you would like).
  My Wish...
"I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
This is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
This is my wish."
I love you, my girls.

Be nice to People,
Julie

5 comments:

Kerin said...

Beautiful daughters and a beautiful post! I hope the best for your girls this school year too!!

Sheila said...

What a beautiful song to have chosen for your girls as they start another school year! The words have so much meaning~
I wish you a sunshine filled day friend!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Julie, I love that song!! And how perfect for this day!! Your girls are so lovely!!

And wow - a senior - what a big year for Jessica! Something tells me this school year is going to be a very busy one for you all. I hope it is the best yet for all your daughters!!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I can't believe your oldest is a senior already! My oh my! Love their pics! We started school this past Thursday. The summer went by so fast.

Carole said...

Next week will be back to school here as well - your girls look very neat and ready for a new schoolyear, that I wish them to be very successful.