I have had the "Change the Decor Bug" lately. I felt like the rooms in my house had too much of the "dark side", so I decided to go with the light for a change.
This is our "vintage" bathroom. Thus, named because of the lovely color of pink tile and tub. I decided to go with a more vintage, chic look and it works with this tile. Why fight it? I finally decided to make it my friend :).
I like the white on white look...A LOT!!
A new bedspread and shams.
Almost everything on those walls is from yard sales--YAY!! I white-washed the shelf. It is a great look and very easy to do.
Downstairs even got a face lift.
I have been trying to keep up with my girls, as well. Rebecca started swimming lessons today--probably her last year. She is a great swimmer.
Karissa reading her 20 minutes...much to her dismay. She HAS to though if she wants computer time. She is taking swimming lessons also.
Jessica's bed is loaded with things for girl's camp which starts tomorrow. It is so nice when your kids get old enough that they can pack all by themselves.
Savanna is all packed for camp, so she is watching a movie. Maybe I could convince her to fold laundry while she watches...
Even the dog follows me around. She was looking for a place to bury her rawhide---I told her to just eat it, so she laid down on the floor and chewed away.
I saw a similar framed stitchery at a consignment shop for $26.00....REALLY!! I knew I could make it for less than a dollar, and I did. The picture...well, all because 2 people fell in love!! It captures it all...
Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world. Hope your week is wonderful!
Be Nice to People,
Julie












8 comments:
Julie, I sure love your bathroom!! You know that I am lightening up in my house also. I am loving the "change". Kellon has been keeping busy with camps and such as well. School starts in Nebraska in month! Yikes!
Julie, everything looks so fresh and doesn't it feel good to make a few changes that doesn't break the bank!!!
Your girls are beautiful. Love the reading time for computer time! More parents need to implement that rule!
Have a great night!
Hugz~
Fun changes! I love the pink bathroom...really I do! That's some lovely vintage.
Love the creativity and colors, Julie ... and those sweet girls too. It's a busy time of year for everyone, isn't it?! The days are full and I'm looking forward to the quiet fall routine...
Hi Julie!
Love the new 'lighter' decor! Everything looks so cheerful and inviting. Great job!
I love the comment that you left for me! Yes.... 'miserable joy' it is!! Well put!!
It is the hardest thing I have ever done! And, that includes going through our daughters kidney transplant. At least then, I could talk to her every day :)
Have a wonderful day and hope you find joy in the journey.....even when it's hard :)
HI Julie! I do love your pink bathroom, and you're right why fight it? I have a soft spot for vintage. I also like your idea of reading before comp time. Good idea, only I need to chang it up and have my teen read before he can go out and tinker on his go cart or tote goat he's building....it's a GOOD plan! We are also doing swimming lessons, and I wish I get jusmp in there and swim with all the kids! LOL
I do love it when my kids were big enough to get themselves ready for camp or anything for that matter.
:-) I love you little give picture.
Enjoy your day.
Mercy
Wow you've been busy --- looks very nice...
Delightful pics. And I agree - why fight it?
Post a Comment