Sunday, our Primary, which includes children ages 3-11, talked about how Jesus went about doing good. One of our leaders told stories of Him giving sight to the blind and raising the girl from the dead. She also shared the story of how He fed 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. What miracles He performed and what good He exemplified. BUT,
do we know where He got the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes? In John 6:9, it says, "There is a LAD here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes..."
Jesus performed he miracle of feeding the multitude after a LAD gave him the bread and fish. We are supposed to liken the scriptures to ourselves and apply them, so this tells me that one small act that WE perform, with Jesus's help, could also lead to blessing thousands of lives. We never know when doing something good or kind will make a HUGE difference. A smile, a kind word, a tender deed, a sweet note, or a prayer offered in someone's behalf might seem small, but it also might lead to a miracle. I had never thought about the significance of the LAD previously. The miracle happened because the ordinary boy shared and was good himself. Jesus went about doing good, and so did a small boy,
because God was with them.
Let's go about doing good TODAY!!
Be Nice to People.
Julie


4 comments:
Love the old timey Jesus picture. I wish those pictures used when I was a kid were still in the church library.
It's nice to read about that, I hadn't been aware of the LAD before either. Funny how things seem to be converging lately on the difference that "small" things make...
Amen and Amen!!
We can certainly do good in our own lives and we never know how our kindness will impact others!
My dad taught me that when I am serving others, it is impossible to think about myself and my own problems. I have tried to live my life that way :)
Still trying.... and always will :)
Have a great day!
p.s keep your eyes open for a box that's on the way to you :)
Wow. I love this lesson. Thank you so much for reminding us that a little could be a lot. This is great. Thanks for visiting me too. It meant the world to me.
Post a Comment