Thursday, June 3, 2010

For the Teacher

Tomorrow makes the last day of the 2009-2010 school year.  My 41 day subbing stint is finished.  I am ready.   However, I have had a good experience.   I have become pretty attached to these fifth grade kids. I hope their lives are happy and successful.
As a gift, for their teacher who had a baby, I stitched some pillows and then a Room Mom put some borders on them.

We had the kids draw pictures and then a Room Mom and I made a quilt for her.  We are giving these to her tomorrow.  I think she will be very surprised. 
I am looking forward to summer and sewing and just being a Mom again.  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Anyone ready for a swap?  Bring it on :)!!!!!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful baby items you made! I'm sure they will be treasured gifts. Sounds like you really had a wonderful time and were very good with the children too.
A swap-you bet! Count me in. I had such a great experience with my first one having you as a partner Julie!
Have a wonderful evening~

West Side of Straight said...

What a nice thing to do! Teacher will love the quilt and pillows! Tell me more about the swap - how does that work? Think I'd like to do it.

Linda said...

What a lovely gift to give. Your school closes alot early than here. We finish the end of June.
Drop by if you get a chance, I'm having a giveaway.

Kerin said...

Wow!! You have to be the best sub teacher ever!!! She is going to be thrilled with your thoughtfulness and generosity!! Adorable gifts that will mean the world to her, I'm sure.
Have wonderful last day and happy summer :)

Wendy said...

Hi,
Congratulations on finishing your subbing stint! What a lovely quilt-gift to make, how great to involve the children...sooo thoughtful, I'm sure their teacher will love her gifts!
I'd be interested in a 'swap' but I realize that England is a long way away for shipping etc.. but I'm game if you are ;))
Hugs Wendy Xx