Monday, May 10, 2010

Life

Here are some images of the past month. I am catching up for a few minutes tonight. I had a quick cat nap on the couch and have a burst of energy to actually make a post. It's long on pictures and short on words. My life...

Karissa receiving her stitchery from Grandma. She has made one of these for each of her 11 granddaughters. Karissa is the youngest of her 24 grandchildren.

Karissa's baptism day=HAPPINESS!!

Family support at Karissa's baptism.

The six of us!!


Mother's Day---these 4 make being a Mother a blessing and a privilege.

Jessica gave me this jar of fabric strips and "green"---(notice the rolled "Green" paper on the left side towards the top of the jar) for Mother's Day.


Cold hard cash(being applied to a new sewing machine) and some the sweetest letters of Love.

Today, I WON....a $100.00 gift card to this shop that is featured in The Quilt Sampler Magazine. The owner had an open house this weekend with a drawing for prizes, and I won the grand prize!

oops--don't know what happened to this photo---anyway, if you get a chance, get the mag and read all about Joni's shop!! It is a darling quilt shop.

A stitchery I finished and framed last week.

Snippets of some goodies getting ready to be sent to my swap partner, Char. Almost ready to go.
Blocks made by my quilty friends. I need to make 2, and a friend still has one. Then, I just need to quilt it!!

What to do with an orange chair? That was $10.00 at a yard sale? Add a red pillow?
Not keeping this one, giving it away---but I love the saying..thanks Professor Dumbledore.
Life is busy and crazy. We have piano performances this week, hubby preparing for a 3 day back-packing trip, a drama performance, and a fund-raiser spaghetti dinner to assist with--never a dull moment. It is all good. I hope that life is treating you, my friends, well. Have a nice week.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Glad to see that life is full of busyness, happiness, and beauty, Julie. I so enjoyed catching up with you, my friend...

Kerin said...

Thanks for the great post!
It is wonderful to see that you all are happy and busy :)
Gorgeous projects and congratulation on winning the gift certificate...how fun for you!!
Love the baptism pictures too. What a gorgeous family you have!
Have a fun day !

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh! What a win that is. Loved the pics and the joy of family and the gospel.

Becky J. said...

cute! love the new chair too. lucky girl. :)

Kerin said...

Hi there Cutie~!
I'll make ya a deal!
You come sew for me and I'll bake and cook for you :)))
Hope you have a great weekend too!!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOVE that Flag quilt behind the orange chair!!!!

How awesome you won the gift certificate!!!

You're daughter looks so beutiful in her gown.

Mary