Friday, April 23, 2010

Quilter's Haven

I was able to escape for a few hours this week to my quilt group. I have such a great time being with ladies who love fabric, sewing and quilts as much as I do. We meet in a quilt shop that is darling. It is only about 5 minutes from my home. It is actually going to be featured in the May Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler magazine. I took a couple photos of the shop.
That quilt on the left if darling. I want to make one like it.

She has a variety of brights, country, woolens, homespuns, etc. Her quilts are always fabulous and she "changes it up" regularly.
Isn't it cute? For our quilt group, we usually meet downstairs. I LOVE it. Make sure you look for the shop in the magazine. It is called "Quilter's Haven".
For our little project this month, we were given a tea towel and a strip of fabric and ric-rac to sew to the bottom of it. Very cute and simple idea for a Mother's Day gift. I think I can actually get this done in the midst of my teaching. I am swamped with that right now, but I know one day I will get to uncover that sewing machine again. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

12 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a great store, Julie! My heart skips a beat when I see quilts and homespun all lined up like that....love all that color too! I can imagine that it really must be a haven for someone that sews as wonderfully as you!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Kerin said...

Hi there!
It is a darling shop!
I love the simple, yet charming tea towel idea. Even someone who is sewing machine challenged, such as myself, should be able to sew that project :)
Hope we get sunshine soon! Have a great afternoon.

Simple Home said...

It looks like a wonderful store Julie. That quilt you want to make is beautiful. I love the tea towel idea too, a sweet, simple project. Just my type :-)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Marcia

Kimberly said...

Can I come next time? Pretty please? I promise not to drool on anything...

Jessica said...

My favorite part of quilt stores is the bright fabric. :) I love it. It makes me so happy!

Val said...

Oh this store just looks great! How fun. I want to say thank you so much for your kind words about my Granny. I miss her so. I know that you know how I feel. One of my relatives asked if I wanted anything of Granny's. I patted my heart and told her that I had it all in here. I do.

Sheila said...

What an awesome shop! Bet you have fun there! I need to try another project soon. I've got a few weddings to work on and it's taking my time! Love it though!
Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugz,
Sheila

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Even though, I don't sew...I would love to be a part of your group! You gals always have such a good time!

Farmchick said...

What a cute shop...it looks like a great place to hang out! :)

Hope you can stop by for a visit soon. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Michelle said...

Just found your blog while browsing! Good look with the tea towel....looks fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

This is one of Utah's best quilt stores. I love how the store is set up and you can really see the displays as well as fabric. Love this store. My daughter Whitney lives only about 5 minutes from it. So I do get to visit from time to time.

Martha said...

I love Quilter's Haven!! My son and DIL live just minutes away. Everytime I visit Utah, I have to go to Quilter's Haven!!