Yesterday I took a few minutes and read Karissa, my precocious 7 year old, a couple of stories. I didn't think much of it. Mom's read to their children every day of the year. No biggie.
Later on in the evening, Karissa came to me and said, " Mom...you are a Wonderful Woman." I was quite humored by the comment and started to laugh. I asked, "Why's that?" She replied, "Because you read 2 stories from The Friend to me." "Oh, thanks, Rissy." I said. "Anytime." She happily marched out of the room--big grin on her face.You know sometimes being a Mom is a thankless job. This little acknowledgement made my whole day. So sweet, so innocent, so genuine. So, yesterday, I was a "Wonderful Woman". I can live with that :)!! Some days I am far from that...
Here are some photos to show you my Karissa's personality. She says and does the funniest things. ALL. THE .TIME!!!! :)
I think this was a pizza for dinner, ice cream for dessert type of night. NO nutrition involved at all. Yeah, just one of those nights!!







10 comments:
Awww! What a sweet child! She must have been raised by a wonderful woman!!
What an adorable little girl! She is obviously a joy in your home and one that speaks the truth about her wonderful mom!
Take care-
Jo-Anne
What a sweet little girl Julie! She has a great mom for sure. She reminds me of my little blue eyed, blond haired grandson who is 3 1/2 going on 13 some days. He will be playing with his toys and talking away then he'll give me a "I love you Grammy," and my heart melts!
They grow ever so quickly don't they?
Hugs.
Thanks for sharing such a warm thought! I am getting stuff ready for primary today, and your sweet daughters smile inspired me to keep plugging away. It's nice to know that what we do as wives and mothers counts! It's true that we women set the tone in our homes. Your home seems as happy and 'kind' as can be .
Have the best day!
Okay Julie, that made me cry, and I am sitting here at work. You have to love children they always and I mean always say the most beautiful things. Nothing but gentle words come from them, sometimes it is hard to watch them grow up. I love your cute little family, and I am really enjoying your Rebecca right now. It is fun to get to know her better, what a sweetheart, can she come and live at my house! You have a great day to, and don't forget to smile.
Aw she is so sweet. What cute pictures. The magazines are truly uplifting - when I lift them!!!
Isn't she a beautiful-caring child! A wonderful Mom you are too!
Karissaa is such a sweet little girl! I love all those sweet expressions on her face in the picture's! Looks like her and Mommy are having a real grand time together!
They do grow up fast...waaay too fast! My baby girl (my only girl) is 43 years old now.. and it seems like not all that long ago we were doing these exact same things you've shared.. Thank God for memories and yes, for picture's too!
It is so touching to a Mom's heart when their child or children acknowledges what all Mom really does do for them.. & with them.. That is absolutely the best compliment any Mom could receive from their child!
I have 4 grown adult children, one girl and 3 boys. My oldest son passed away a year ago.
They do all grow up waaaay too fast, that's for sure! And then before you know, our house becomes waaaay tooo quiet! We've become empty nester's... again..Thank God for the memories and picture's too!!
Blessings,
~Lynn
Just precious! They grow up too fast, don't they?!?!
My boys are 13 now and I just can't believe how time has flown.
~Stacy
Love the box of chocolates!!
Post a Comment