Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wishes DO Come True

I went to the eye doctor today. I really don't enjoy getting my eyes dialated, but I do, so that the doctor can make sure my eyes are healthy. My eyes are very sensitive to light, and with pupils the size of dimes, I just stayed home, all the blinds closed and went downstairs to my sewing room.
I made this runner for the kitchen table while hibernating out of too much light and sun. I put it on the table and thought to myself, "I wish I had a cute Valentine centerpiece to set on it."
Well, wishes come true, girls. I went out awhile later to get the mail, and saw a box in the mailbox. I knew I hadn't ordered anything, and all of my swaps were caught up. So, I was very intruiged. I saw who it was from and was instantly thrilled!! My blog friend Sheila, had sent me this arrangement just because...how incredibly nice is that? I wish you could all see it in person and better yet, smell it!! It is so wonderful!

Look are how adorable that heart is all stitched together.

It is PERFECT!!!!!!
Also in the package was this little box of chocolates. It reminded me of a box of spools or something. Is that the cutest thing you've ever seen?

How creative!!

Here's what's underneath each individually wrapped goodie...I LOVE IT!!!

You know, I have never met Sheila in person. We exchanged a swap at Christmas time and found a connection. She is so generous and talented and I have definetly benefited from her kindness and goodness. She hopes to get a web-site going soon to display and sell her things. She will be a top seller because of the type of person she is. Thank you, Sheila!! I feel LOVED!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

9 comments:

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

How sweet!! Love the centerpiece and your runner. Cute idea for the chocolates too!
Hugs,
Donna

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

how sweet..it matches your table runner beautifully..and the chocolates look too good to eat...well maybe not.:)

Kerin said...

Wow ! I sure do admire your ability and talent to sew something so stink'in cute!
Love the sweet gifs from your friend too. What a lucky girl you are !
Have the best day!

Leslie said...

What a sweet story! It's perfect and it couldn't have come at a better time :) Love your runner, too!

Leslie

Notes from the Homestead said...

Aren't random acts of kindness the best! Both giving them and receiving them!! Such a cute centerpiece and your runner is adorable!! I have always wanted to learn to quilt and pass handmades down to my kids. It's a great talent to have!
Hugs from Minnesota,
~~Kim

Devon said...

what a great idea with the chocolates!! Love the runner you made... and center piece is so cute! It's so exciting to get stuff in the mail! :)

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh it is all so cute! I absolutely LOVE the ideas of chocolates, too. I'm in love with it all.

Elise said...

What an absolutely gorgeous gift. Those chocolates look wonderful. It is one of the best feelings to receive a gift just because.

Becky J. said...

i love it. perfectly cute with the table runner. yay for blog friends ;)