Well, the girl's are back in school--much to their dismay, hubby is back to work, and I am trying to regroup and organize. I love to do that in January. I have already taken a van full to goodwill and will probably have another load before month's end. I make a list of what I want to do in each room, and then enjoy crossing it off as it gets finished!!
Thought I would just share some winter decor. I don't have a whole lot. It feels good not to be so decorated, especially after Christmas is taken down.

I made this quilt a couple years ago. It is a Meme's pattern.

The snowman, stitchery and topper all came from blog friends. How lucky am I?

Our fireplace mantle.

My sister-in-law made this for me for Christmas. I love it!! It had cute twig arms, but our dog broke and chewed them all over the floor. I will have to get new ones.

This hangs on the front door. It is a Joined at the Hip pattern.

I made the quilt and had enough fabric to use for the border on the pillow.

Another Meme's pattern. Simple.

My wish for each of you... May you winter be warm!! :)
Hope you are having a marvelous Monday. I am off to sub at a preschool class for autisitic kids. They are adorable, but a handful.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
Ps..This is my 300th post--I feel a give-away coming on---stay posted!!
13 comments:
Julie,
As usual, your decor and creations are wonderful! I love the fence screen on your fireplace too!
I wish you and your family a very Blessed New Year, my friend!
Hugs,
Tammy
Winter is looking welcoming and sweet at your house, Julie. I always love getting a peek at your many handmades...
Have a good week, my friend!
Your decor and especially the quilts are lovely-so cosy looking.I have enjoyed your blog and looking forward to more stitching pics! ~Shazy x
I just love your winter decor, especially the quilted pieces!
Happy winter!
Well, you can be assured that my winter will be warm. ;)
I love all your decorations!!
HAve fun subbing in the preschool class. I did an internship in a handicapped preschool when I was in school (and also prego with the twins). I loved every minute!
Take care-
Jo-Anne
I love the snowman decor -- so much like home! Have a great week!
Julie, you are so talented... I love your quilts!! Your home is lovely!
Have a great week!
Sonya
I am so excited to see you've included the names of the quilt companies you used! I've already marked a few favorites to order this friday as a birthday gift to myself.
I would LOVE to do a trade with you, Julie! How fun is that?! I could send you some snowmen and a few other wintertime salt dough bowl fillers ... and I would love a little runner (12 x 36) for my living room table. I can't find anything that's the right size/style that I could keep out all the time. My colors in there are country reds, tan, butter yellow, blue, green, and cream. Whatever you want to make would be fantastic!
As for the heart-shaped pops idea ... I've never tried to make them that way, but I was just thinking about that very same thing the other day. Now I have to try! I've made sugar cookie pops in the past so I'm thinking that using the pop sticks could work with the salt dough too. Hmmmm... I love a good challenge. I'll keep you posted...
Have a wonderful week, my friend!
I knew that snowman would match well in your house!
I love the crochet snowman!
i think the armless snowman is just fine without the arms. he might not like getting eaten again. lol.
I just love snowmen!!
Post a Comment