Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Warmed my Heart

I got the sweetest package in the mail yesterday. My aunt who lives in Idaho and I are Kindred Spirits. We enjoy so many of the same things, and I just love her. I lived with her for 2 years while I attended high school. She is like my second Mom.
She belongs to a quilt guild where she lives, and the group learned how to make this runner. She thought of me, made me one, and then sent me the pattern so that I could make them or use them in my own quilt group. How nice is that?
She sent a sweet letter with the pattern.

She also sent this wonderful thought that she had gotten at church. I will type it for a later post, so that you can read it. Or, you can click on it, and it will enlarge enough that you can read it now if you would like. It is fabulous. Her kind gestures warmed my heart. Thanks, Aunt Carol, Love you!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie


4 comments:

Sheila said...

You are so blessed Julie! I love the runner but more importantly I love the message of the letter your Aunt sent. We could all use a reminder once in a while.
Have a wonderful day :)

Leah said...

Wonderful post with a wonderful message --- Thank you for sharing!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Julie what a wonderful message and bond you have with your aunt! You are indeed blessed!!

Farmchick said...

What a special aunt you have! :) The little story is very sweet and oh so true! Thank you so much for sharing it. Have a wonderful day. :)