I love stockings at Christmas time. We have some special traditions with them.

There is a stocking for each of us and even the dog. Spoiled, she is!! I made them all years ago. I keep thinking I would like to make new ones, but can't bring myself to. The ones we have are too sentimental to me.

There is a little stocking hanging on the end of the mantle. This stocking is for Jesus. Each year we write some goals to work on that will make us better and be of service to our Savior. We talk about them on Christmas eve and then make new goals. It has become a very nice tradition.

This is a special stocking, too. Our Savanna came home from the hospital in it 5 days after she was born. Today is her 14th birthday.

She was the best Christmas present ever given to us. She is with my hubby, Bret and her big sister, Jessica in this photo. So sweet.

Here is Savanna today. She is so much fun. She is a delight to be around. So glad I am her Mom and that she was sent to our home on a cold, winter day. She has warmed our hearts since.
Have a nice weekend, friends.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Savanna!!
Julie I love the girls stockings you made them! They are so cute!! We had special stockings for the kids too and they took them with them when they moved out so their significant other could fill it. This year we have a brand new one for Lili. The big kids don't want us filling theirs anymore but we can fill hers!!
Love your special stockings and the Jesus stocking is a wonderful tradition! Happy Birthday to your Christmas baby (now a young lady)!
I love the Jesus stocking! What a great idea. That may become a new tradition at our house. Thanks for sharing! And your pics of your beautiful daughter and your story about her are so sweet!
Hugs,
Donna
I love the idea of a Jesus stocking! You always have the best ideas and traditions with your family, Julie!
Happy Birthday to Savanna!
What nice pictures and such a good idea/tradition with the baby Jesus stocking. Savanna is a beautiful young lady.
The big kids don't want us filling theirs anymore but we can fill hers!!
Make website india
Post a Comment