The tree.
Not the best photo but this is our Christmas tree. Most of the ornaments are homemade. I took some close-up shots---I think today's way of saying that is, "I used the macro on the camera :)."
We just have one of those trees that comes in a box. I remember when I was kid growing up in the country, that we would go out in the mountains and cut our tree every year. I LOVED that. It was always such an adventure. We would get stuck in the snow, we we would be frozen, our tree was often misshapen. One year we even had to settle for a cedar tree. My brother and I cut it down just off the road to our house and brought it home because the snow was so deep that year. AHH...the memories. One of these years, I am going to convince my husband that we need to do that for our family. It will do my country- girl -heart a world of good :)!!
I hope you have some fun traditions with your tree and ornaments. If you would like, post about it and let me know. I would love to read about it!! Happy Monday!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

8 comments:
Thanks for sharing the photos of your homemade ornaments Julie! I especially love the "innkeeper" one. Will have to keep that one in mind for a future project of my own :)
I love these posts of the trees and each bloggers individual ornaments - yours are wonderful! And your star is great too -- we have a very similar star at the top of our tree!
Such a sweet tree, Julie. I love ornaments with sentimental value. Our tree is full of them too.
We have often cut our own tree with the kids, but our good friend who grows them is currently in the growing phase of his little business. So we won't be cutting a tree again for another year or two. Instead we buy one from a local tree farmer.
When I was little, I remember going out and cutting a tree with my Dad. We did it just the one time. I was maybe about 3 years old and as my Dad tells it, the afternoon went something like this. Carry Colleen through the deep snow. Look at a dozen trees, trying to find the right one. Cut the tree. Drag the tree. Drag Colleen. Drag the tree....
So many sweet memories... and now we get to make them with our kiddos.
Aww, what precious handmade ornaments and each with special memories. Your tree is primitively awesome! I like the brown garland:) Merry Christmas! Carol
I love all the nativity thing you have on your tree. I am going a tree post tomorrow on my blog if you want to stop by and check it out. I too need a macro on my camera. Sigh!
www.gardner-family-times.blogspot.com
Maria@Rainy Day Farm
Oh your tree is just lovely.... The lights don't seem to show in my pictures as well. Must be something to do with the camera. Such fond memories.
I too love the innkkeper quote and ALL the handmade ornaments!!
Your tree is so cute. I will have to do a post about our tree. It's fun to think about where all the ornaments came from.
Post a Comment