Tuesday, November 17, 2009

13 Days for my 12 Days of Christmas...

Yes, for those of you who have read my blog for a year, this is the same quilt top I had finished last year. After the holidays, I took it off my design wall and put it in a box. It is simply unbearable to look at an unfinished Christmas project in January. :) So, I pulled it out of the box on Saturday hoping that if it hangs there, I will get the motivation or time or desire to finish it. Any suggestions...:) It just needs a back, to be quilted and to be bound. I have 13 days until December 1st---
This quilt is 12 days of Christmas--1 Santa, 2 candy canes, 3 snowmen--okay, you get it.
I have been working on a couple swaps. I don't want to show too much. This has been very fun.

Another swap!! Both are almost ready to get sent in the mail.
Let's see, today I am thankful for shoes. I have way too many pair of them, too. Think of the variety--from slippers to flip-flops to snow boots, I am so thankful to have something on my feet when I need to go somewhere.
Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
P.S. I know for some of you it might be too soon for Christmas music--just turn it off!! I couldn't help myself :)


11 comments:

Rainy Day Farm said...

What a cute quilt. Finish it for sure! That is too cute not be put to use. Love you festive background and music. Especially Donny (swoon)!

Leah said...

It is beautiful....I admire the work you do - my mom is a quilter and I can sew but would rather scrapbook - maybe some day - I've bought an occasion quilt book...

Have a great week!

Farmchick said...

I love you quilt....it is so cute...you do great work! I am going to be changing my music to Christmas music as soon as I get a chance....I have already been listening to it at home! :)

Sheila said...

Good morning Julie!
what a delight it was to see such a lovely family photo and listen to Josh Grobin. Never to early to have Christmas music. It fills my heart with joy. What a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l quilt you are working on. I'm sure you'll finish it in time for enjoyment this season.
My swap items are almost finished!!!
This has been so fun being my first one.
Hugs.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I wish I could help you with the motivation - but I think we all have some of those projects we just don't seem to be able to finish for some reason. All I can say is that while it is soooo cute - it really would look soooooo much better done!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Just had to stop in and say hello. I still keep my little Christmas pillow that you made for me out all year long. I sure miss visiting with you.

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving! Your new family photo is just beautiful!

Lea

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

absolutely love your header photo of you all in front of the Salt Lake Temple.I haven't seen it for about 15 years and love it at christmas time...:)

imagrandma2five said...

I found your blog by accident and have spent a while reading and looking at all the eye candy. I love it! I too am a quilter and I love your 12 Days of Christmas row quilt. Does the pattern have a name? Good luck on getting it quilted by December. I have several that I need to finish up too. But then again, what's a quilter without a few UFO's around? :o)

Simple Home said...

I love that quilt. I hope you show it when you get it finished :-) Thanks for sharing the yo-yo pillows on the previous post too, I like the idea of pillows instead of sweatshirts too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I remember that project from last year, Julie! I can't wait to see what you do with it. It's such a sweet design.

Genny said...

I LOVE your quilt. It's so beautiful and so Christmasy. I wish I knew how to quilt. I love your Christmas music too. I just may have to put some on my blog! Some of my favorite songs, especially Believe!