Thursday, October 15, 2009

You Just Might be the World

My husband took this photo while we were in Florida. I think it is absolutely gorgeous and captures some of the beauty of this world. I thought an inspirational thought should go with it. So, enjoy today's post. It is called "A Beautiful Prayer."
" I asked God to take away my habit,
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No. His Spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.
I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.
I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.
I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.
May God bless You!!
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world!"
Be Nice to People,
Julie

11 comments:

West Side of Straight said...

What a Beautiful Prayer! Correctly named. And the picture is gorgeous! Glad you're safely home.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Me encanta mucho. Bien dicho.
Estoy agradecido para tí y todo qué me dices.
¡Muchas gracías!

Elise said...

Beauty full picture, beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing this with us Julie.

Kimberly said...

{thanks}

andersons said...

Beautiful picture. What a great message- thanks! Cally

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Perfect!!

Connie said...

What a beautiful, and oh so true, prayer. Thank you for taking the time to post it. We would all be better if we would strive to make God's will our will.

Maria said...

Love that!! Thank you for sharing. You have an awesome blog!!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a beautiful picture and post. I always leave your blog inspired!

Anthony GD said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful prayer. I like it. Thank All.
-----------------------------------
Bức tranh của bạn rất đẹp và lời cầu nguyện cũng rất tuyệt vời.
Nguyện xin Thiên Chúa tuôn đổ muôn ơn phúc trên gia đình bạn!!!