What kind of a Mom am I? :) Yes, I caved. I have joined the texting world. Blame it on the teenagers..Isay :)!! I must admit, though, that it has opened a whole new world when it comes to communication with them. Luckily, we already communicate really well-so hopefully this will just be icing on the cake!! My texting skills at this point are very lacking, but Jessica says I will get better--I guess I will have to practice ;). Hmmmm--I wonder if texting causes arthritis :)?
My new PURPLE phone--once again influenced by a 16 and 13 year old :)!! Gotta love those girls!!
It has a camera, so I took a picture of a picture and now I get to see my sweetheart and me everytime I open the phone. Pretty sweet.
Since I'm a novice, I looked up some texting LINGO...Ready? There were hundreds, so I just choose a few.
YAJWD---You ain't just whistling dixie
TXS--Thanks
MTFBWY--May the Force be with you
LY4E--Love you forever
LUMTP--Love you more than pie
HUGZ--Hugs
HAGD---Have a great day!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD ONE TERRIFIC TIME! I LOVE THE PICS. IS'NT FUN TAKING PICTURES NOW A DAYS JUST KNOWING YOU ARE GOING TO BLOG THEM. OKAY SO I HEARD ON SOME PROGRAM JUST LAST NIGHT THAT TEXTING MIGHT JUST CAUSE CARPEL TUNNEL (SPELLING). YEP THAT IS IF YOU ARE A TEENAGER AND DO IT EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF EVERY SINGLE DAY...OKAY SO DO YOU GET IT! LOL
HEY YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE. OOPPS ALL IN CAPS...TO LAZY TO SWITCH IT UP.
Julie, I have been texting for a year now. I still do not know all the lingo. I will write my kids back and ask what did you say...I do use some...But the best thing is with my kids if I have a question I get the answer right away instead of leaving a voice mail...sometimes they are in their college classes and still text..Everynight I text my daugher in college "sweet dreams, I love you"....She will text back the same thing. I always forget I have a camera on my phone...I am really bad with the whole picture thing....Have a great day...Lisa
WTG!
(um, since I'm a non-texter, I THINK that means 'way to go')
;)
I had to go so far as to get one of the phones with a QWERTY keyboard sad just sad lol!
I have only texted once before..and I am sooo slow at it! Give me a computer keyboard and I type faster than you can say TYPE! LOL but I am just not a texter! :)
Glad you are enjoying it though! :)
I have. been texting for a few years but I just joined the blackberry club. That is a whole different ball game lol. If you're verizon you can text me for free :)
Mary
Post a Comment