Friday, October 9, 2009

A BFF

"Surround yourself with friends who will only lift you higher."

I have a friend who lifts me higher. We have been friends for almost 30 years. Through thick and thin, happy and sad, joy and sorrow, single, widowed and married, no children and lots of children, just through life's very interesting journey.

We connected in high school in Idaho. We have stayed connected ever since. I have pretty much remained a Utah girl, but my friend has lived in Idaho, Connecticut, Columbia--South America, New Hampshire, Kentucky, Utah and Arizona. Currently she resides in Kentucky.

Well, lucky for me, she and her family, came to visit for a few days. It was a walk down memory lane and so, so, so, so good to see her and her family. We giggled and cried and ate and shopped and reminisced--you know, all the things that friends do when they haven't seen each other for a long, long time.


I had to pull out the yearbook of our senior year(1984). This is me at 18. Check out the 80's hair-do. And, ewwwww baaaaaby!! Look at the feathers. Now who made us do that?
Here is my friend, Lisa. Love the glasses--I'm sure she had PLENTY of room to see out of those!! :)
Here we are today. A little older, and maybe, just maybe -- a little wiser. I just LOVE her. She is GOOD from head to toe and every where in between. If I were to tell you of her life's challenges and trials, you would be astounded. She is amazing in every way.
Here is me--Julie... and Lisa's daughter--Julie. Yes, she was named after me. How's that? I get to be good so that she will have someone to look up to, right? She's a cutie. And look at that hair--all natural curl. Love her, too.
Here's Lisa's husband, David and son, Lucas. She has one more son, Nick, who didn't come this time. Love them, too.
The Gang. What a treasure it is to have a TRUE friend. One who loves you no matter what. One who shares everything with you because they know they can. One who is just there, even when they are miles and miles away. I am blessed!!
Thanks for coming, Lis---you are a Best friend forever!! Happy Weekend, all!!
Be nice to people,
Julie

7 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey Julie, great post..we had to wear those feathers too..in the 80's..I have a friend that I have known since 7th grade..they are the best aren't they..have a great weekend.:)

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Seriously, I think I had those glasses!! Aren't they funny? And back then I didn't need bifocals and now that I do, the glasses are all skinny mini's. Sounds like "BFF" is totally appropriate for you girls.

Kimberly said...

Beautiful post, Julie! And as for the feathers... um, wow! In 1984, I was in grade four! And that's odd, considering I'm only 29 years old now... ;)

Carole said...

It's so sweet that she named her daughter after you !
All my friends live abroad and we meet every 5 years or so, but it never feels that we've been apart all this time !
I remember once that Laure who was 3 or 4 at the time, told me that I had no friends. I was very surprised and asked "I have no friends, really ? Everybody has friends, how come I have none ?" and she answered : "because you're a mom !" It's true that now she and her sister are older, I will have time to go and see my friend Cécile in a couple of weeks ! Can't wait !

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I HAD those same glasses Julie - and the same hairdo as yours! LOL What a lovely picture of all of you together!!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

There's nothing quite like a best friend. I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with yours, Julie. I hope the laughs and good times will last you right through the holiday season...

Nanette Merrill said...

Beautiful and touching photos. For the record I had feathers too in my senior photo. Ghastly.

The post made me tear up. Without my friends and sisters to help me with my daughter's wedding I simply could not have done it. The service they provided is priceless.