Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Need Some Advice

Hello!! It has been a long, bumpy computer-problem road lately, and we still have some issues. Hopefully this week things will get better.

So, I need some advice. My hubby and I are going to Florida next week for work and play. We are going to be in the Hollywood/Miami area and in Key West. Has anyone been there who would like to share some fun places to... go, see, do, stay, eat? I am so excited that I get butterflies in my stomach thinking about it!! I sure would appreciate any ideas!! Thanks!!

Have a super Tuesday!!
Be nice to people,
Julie



14 comments:

Kimberly said...

If you take me with you, I'll be more than happy to help you explore!

Have a great time! (I'm so jealous, but I know I really shouldn't covet my friends' trip!)

Leslie said...

If you love tours of homes, Key Biscayne has the John Deere winter home. It is absolutely gorgeous! Right on the water and gardens and...and...I haven't been there in several years but I loved it! I'll try and think of some more things for you. I'm in Tampa and haven't been to Miami in about 5 years.And things change fast! :) You definitely want to drive down the coast along the ocean!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Sorry, I can't be of help...the farthest east I have been was Branson, MO. :) Florida sounds like fun. Stop by Nebraska and pick me up!!

Unknown said...

Oh I lived in Miami for 28 years..!! You are going to be in for a culture shock..I have not been back in 15 years... But I do know the Florida Keys are wonderful! My family spent one summer camping at Fiesta Key...I am going to contact a friend who works for the Spanishperiodical..I will ask her some hot spots for you..I agree with Leslie that Key Biscayne is a wonderful place to visit..so is Ft. Lauderdale..If you can go deep sea fishing on a charter boat that is such a neat exerpience and snorkling use to be a John Pennycamp in Key Largo..Coral Gables is another place and Coconut Grove...Coral Gables and Coconut Grove is in the Miami area...Also the Everglades(west of Miami) is nice to go to on the Indian Reservations.I can't tell you about the resturants because they all probably have changed but the cuban food is out of this world...I will contact my friend and see what places are good to eat...Lisa

Unknown said...

Julie,I sent you an email about places to eat in Florida from my friend...ENJOY your visit....Lisa

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Have a fabulous trip, Julie!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to tell you two to have a great time! I think that's wonderful! Have fun!

Tammy

Patti said...

I live in southwest Florida and have been to Key West many times. Tourist attractions are Ernest Hemingway's house, riding on the Conch Train, visiting the many museums, and just walking around Duval Street. You'll see many "oddities" there.

Anonymous said...

Earnest Hemmingway's home is lovely to see in the Florida Keys. Hope you have a great time.

Carole said...

Oh my, good luck with the bumpy computer road, I've just gotten off it !
Unfortunately I can't help with the places to visit in Florida, but I wish you a nice trip and a lot of enjoyment there ! Looking forward to seeing the pictures !

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

You will have such fun. One post said to be prepared for "culture shock" and that is so true. Key West is fun. Be sure and have some true key lime pie. The Hemingway home is a great tour, the conch "pronounced conk" train is fun. It takes you all over Key west. There are so many things to see and do, you will love it. Don't let the rain bother you because it will probabaly rain every day.

Maxine

andersons said...

How fun! You should try a Cuban sandwich.

DONNA said...

I grew up in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale...been to Key West lots. The best thing to do is sit at the most southern point and watch the sunset...it melts into the ocean. Very Romantic!

Nanette Merrill said...

Have a great time!